CrazyBoards.org

Am I the only one who has hallucinations of pain/headaches?

I have this weird feeling in my head all day, like pressure. At times it becomes more painful, and I also 

get pains in different parts of my body. I can get leg aches, that feel like real cramps but they're hallucinations,

sharp pains occasionally, once in a while it feels like my testicles are being squeezed.

Does anyone else have hallucinations such as these?

I've heard of the head pressure thing many times. I believe that is a more common hallucination. 

I have never personally hallucinated pain, that I know of! I have had many tactile hallucinations though, such as bugs crawling on me. 

Edited by Parapluie

I think that these are called somatic delusions.

somatic delusion

n.
A delusion that a part of one's body has been injured or altered in some manner.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/somatic+delusion

I don't know if that helps but it may help you bring it up to your pdoc if you have not already.

If you're just feeling pain, then it's not a hallucination; you're just in pain, even if there seems to be no cause for it.  If you are actually feeling a hand physically squeezing your testicles or a knife physically penetrating your skin, then that would count as a tactile hallucination.  A hallucination is the perception of something happening when it actually isn't.  You can't hallucinate something that's just a bodily sensation.

Edited by LordoftheMonkeys

somatic delusion

n.
A delusion that a part of one's body has been injured or altered in some manner.

I don't know if that helps but it may help you bring it up to your pdoc if you have not already.

No, a delusion is something that you actually believe.  If it's just a physical sensation without any beliefs attached to it, then it's not a delusion.

somatic delusion

n.

No, a delusion is something that you actually believe. If it's just a physical sensation without any beliefs attached to it, then it's not a delusion.

I'd caution you to not invalidate the OP's symptoms. That is uncalled for.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I've always had this random feeling of being pricked by a needle on random parts of my body. I've also had the head pressure problem. Though I never thought they were hallucinations. Honestly, how would we know they are psychological hallucinations and not simply nerves reacting to something or other weird bodily stuff happening?

I've always just ignored it, until last night when I read that ppl dx'd schizotypal PD commonly report these kinda feelings of sharp pointy pain and head pressure. Now it's really got me wondering about what's going on when that happens.

• 8 months later...

I really don't think I can take this much longer...the pressure in my head is driving me motherfucking insane.  It's constant.  It makes me want to explode. 

Do you have a neurologist?

Melissa, no...what would a neurologist do?  I'm 100% sure it's a crazy symptom. 

I really don't think I can take this much longer...the pressure in my head is driving me motherfucking insane.  It's constant.  It makes me want to explode. 

Do you have a neurologist?

Melissa, no...what would a neurologist do?  I'm 100% sure it's a crazy symptom. 

I have also had/have the head and pressure pain, and my neuro did a CT scan and MRI to rule anything out.  That was where he determined I got migraines (the tests were negative, but the symptoms were there and it could be concluded that it was migraines).  The head pain sometimes was helped with flexeril and laying down with eyes closed.  He prescribed that medication.