CrazyBoards.org

Familial Shit Storm.

MuffMarshal

Well, yesterday I had a breakdown. Got half way to my bus stop before I realized I forgot my wallet. Cried all the way home, called into work and slept all day. Went out later that night and got wasted even though Im supposed to be staying sober. Got a call from my older sister that my mom is being commited for the second time this week for a psych eval/liver tests (booze related cirrhosis). My best friend is breaking up with her girlfriend and she needs me emotionally. My little sister, who lives with my best friend, is caught in the middle of their breakup and needs me emotionally. Im at work and everyone is pitying me because apparently my mental breakdown made it around the office already. My new meds are making me itch like crazy and shaky.  I just need some positive news today... anyone have anything good to share?

My mum is sick, my brothers OCD and drinking is out of control and my Dad is being an ass. So I feel you. The thing is, your first duty is to take care of you, all these people are adults and can find other people to help bear the load, you need to be able to stay well and stay at work. So maybe set some boundaries for what you can and won't do for your family so that you don't burnout.

Thank you guys... I have the hardest time saying no to people. Its one of the biggest hurdles to my treatment at this point. I have a family full of addicts and you get to learn that your own needs tend to drown in the sea of other bullshit. So, for today anyways, Im just not answering to anything but my own needs.