CrazyBoards.org

Burn just blistered advice needed

I've been burning my stomach with a cigarette almost every day for two weeks now and they always look like white circles with a red outline and now my older ones which are about two weeks old have just blistered is this normal? There's no sign of infection and I've been looking after them

I'm not a doctor, but unfortunately I do have experience with burning as SI.  My guess is that the burns that have blistered were more serious than the other ones.  You need to keep them clean and most importantly, do not break or scratch at the blisters, no matter how tempted you are, because that's a prime trigger for infection.  

I'm concerned that you're hurting yourself so frequently and regularly - something's clearly going on.  Are you talking to any of your care providers about this?

This is kinda the norm for me I will go months without self harmin and then over between a few days or months I self harm alot so it's nothing new I'm struggling to see a doctor ATM there always busy I'm thinking about changing docs and hopefully they will be able to offer more help than just prozac

I'm sorry that you're in a place where harming your self physically feels like the best solution.

I hope that you treat yourself with the kindness you deserve and get the supportive help that you need to make other choices about how to handle what's going on with you.

This page details how to treat 2nd degree burns (the kind that blister): http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/first-aid-burns/FA00022

It's really important to not pop the blister! Also (for me, anyway) burn scars tend to disfigure easily in a way that other types don't. Once it's entirely healed (say, in about a month or two) I'd suggest looking into vitamin E. But I'm a crazy on the internet, so I hope that you're not taking medical advice from me!

this may be old news but i put a ciggarette out on my hand once and it got pretty messed up looking for a pretty (what seemed like a long time) but its all good now, im not a professional but i dont like to go to the doctors myself, i alwasy wait it out...has worked so far haha/ still alive

All my burns are fine one blistered then burst when I was asleep so I woke up cleaned it and it seams fine it's weird i can see loads of blood vessels there I'm sure it's just the healing process

• 2 weeks later...