CrazyBoards.org

I was put on Navane during my last hospitalization and its saved me... I love it other than the TDish symptoms that i have... but i'm no longer psychotic unless I skip a dose... its great.  I can't wait to see how my life will improve with it.  Just a happy little note about Navane.  How about other people's experiences with it?

I've been wondering lately if I need something similar now.  I have such obsessive paranoid thoughts. They wear me out and run other people off.  Once again, just as in 20 yrs. ago, they center around failure at work, betrayal, abandonment.  I can't seem to turn them off.  Sad to think that 20 years later, I'm still doing this shit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This does sound like something an antipsychotic would help with -- as I just posted to you in the perphenazine thread, Seroquel does a really good job on these things for me. My pdoc actually does sometimes describe those 'hostile voices' of mine as obsessive. Stelazine and now Seroquel have made a great difference for me.

If you want to try one, you probably want to try one of the atypicals first. They have fewer risks of tardive dyskinesia, and often fewer side effects overall, so they're more appropriate for long term use when possible. That's why I shifted from Stelazine to Seroquel.

Fiona

• 3 years later...

I was put on low dose of Navane that pulled my ass out of a bad mixed state back in 1996. I honestly think it's hard to decide which is worse. Possible TD from long term use, or weight gain and possible diabetes from the atypicals. It's actually a pretty good drug for a typical. Though EPS can be a bitch on it, it works well.

Archived