CrazyBoards.org

Story of falling out with my therapist

So I was seeing my psychologist who I respect for a year. I would ramble on each session expecting him to eventually give me a Dx which never happened, he helped me out a few times writing a certificate for me. But eventually he seemed to get frustrated with me he told me my OCD was severe and looking back I found him doing odd things during sessions, one session he had someone wait outside his door which is just by the window and he had his windows wide open so they could hear what I was saying.

I saw him about 20 times for a 1 hour session, and he would always schedule another appointment for me and give me reminders.

Anyway the 2nd last apointment we had was an emergency apointment and while talking to him he was walking around his room going through all his other patients records as if to hint I am not his only patient, I was going psychotic at this time and I told him I needed to go to a psych ward but he did not seem that interested, he also seemed anxious when i told him I need to see someone(psychiatrist).

a month later during his holiday he got a call from the hospital because I was in a bed there going crazy, during the beginning of my inpatient treatment they were telling me they hadn't spoken to him but it was obvious to me they did, one of the doctors also lost her temper with me.

I called my psychologist to confirm our next apointment and he answered the phone and sounded mad I was full blown psychotic and did not know what to say, the next day I tried cancelling but he talked me in to going.

When I arrived he gave me a smirk like I was a little shit. and had a post office parcel at his doorstep when I came in to his room he was wearing a lot of cologne, dressed all in black and had one of these connected to his mobile on his desk http://image.dhgate.com/albu_236753016_00-1.0x0/anti-radiation-portable-retro-mobile-headphone.jpg

And was talking to me in a disdainful tone, he pointed out if I were to go to a psych ward I would hate it there, he also made references to me suggesting I was a girl(I am male) such as they would make me do pilates and that he knew of a female patient who only spoke to him for a year. At the end of the session he took out our chat log transcript and put it on his desk and wrote my name on top. He must of considered me a danger to myself which would break the confidentiality agreement and would allow him to pass it on to psychiatrists which he did.

There were other things which he did to express his disdain during the session which are hard to convey.

The whole thing is confusing he got the shits with me but I have no idea why, I hear all the stories on here about pdoc stories and I have never done anything so drastic, the only thing I can think of is because he is expensive maybe he is not used to dealing with erratic patients, I also possibly spoiled his holiday. I cant think of anything else, but I feel he overreacted.

Edited by ScrambleHead

one session he had someone wait outside his door which is just by the window and he had his windows wide open so they could hear what I was saying.

I am having trouble seeing his motive behind setting this up. It could have been a coincidence. You are entitled to request him to close the windows. If ever you feel uncomfortable in a therapy session it is always best to voice your concerns.

When I arrived he gave me a smirk like I was a little shit. and had a post office parcel at his doorstep when I came in to his room he was wearing a lot of cologne, dressed all in black and had one of these connected to his mobile on his desk http://image.dhgate....e-headphone.jpg

I am not sure I follow how this detailed description is relevant. You seem to have thoroughly analyzed this situation. On many occasions you use the words "like I was, he must of" all which are your interpretations of what he was doing or feeling at the time. I was not there so it's hard for me to have an opinion on this but it seems as though your pdoc was keeping a close eye on you because he was worried you were a danger to yourself. 

the only thing I can think of is because he is expensive maybe he is not used to dealing with erratic patients, I also possibly spoiled his holiday. I cant think of anything else, but I feel he overreacted.

This is quite a self-important statement. For one, I am positive your pdoc has seen many erratic patients. Money does not buy good genes. (Get if?  ;)) Also, any professional career means taking a phone call or two while on holiday. I'm sure after the phone call was made he just went on with his vacation.

I may have misunderstood but at first you suggested you needed to spend some time in the psych ward, he disagreed, and you ended up in the hospital. Later on when he made the call to send you to a psychiatrist, you felt he overreacted? 

Edited by skye

I feel he overreacted with how he came across, being all disdainful.

Anyway I am gonna see him again to catch up and see what he has to say and how he acts.

You are rationalizing a lot of points I made but the handset connected to his mobile was undeniably odd.