CrazyBoards.org

I don't know if its a lot because everyones different but I drink about 2 forty oz every other weekend and I'm 143lbs and taking 25mg Lamictal and 150mg Effexor. I noticed It does hit me harder than the average person drinking because of my meds but I just feel more drunk.I'm curious if its going to really mess up my health double because I'm on meds and drinking if I continue drinking like this. Does anybody else have issues like this how do you cope with them? Its hard for me

Im struggling with the same issue myself. It has been repetitively stressed to me that its a really horrible Idea to drink on lamictal. thats the only one Im on so far. Its like the minute they told me I couldnt drink thats all I wanted to do. I drink with about the same frequency as you but Im really trying to cut back and being hones to a fault with my docs to make sure Ill be ok.

I'm not familiar with Lamictal but it is a medication which crosses the blood-brain barrier. Alcohol also crosses the blood-brain barrier. Mixing to the two is directly damaging. Also when I was on prozac I blacked out many times while drinking and was told there were cases of people who stopped breathing in their sleep.

I am on lamictal 150mg. I know I can't have beer after half a bottle of wine or I do get drunk to the point of not remembering. just figured I couldn't mix the beer after the wine. I was drinking 1-2 glasses a night with no other problems. I do notice that it does affect me sooner than it use to. hmmmm... guess it could be the lamictal. never thought about that.