CrazyBoards.org

If anyone has read my recent topics I've mentioned a few times that I've struggled for weeks to get a doctors appointment I've got a gp appointment today didn't expect it so I'm nervous and I'm just hoping that they will finally help me instead of just giving me Prozac and leaving me to it I'm also going to mention my insomnia and my skin picking problem on my lips

Glad this hear this also, Nicola.     When you have an appt you didn't expect, it's natural to be nervous.  

Write everything down before you go.  And be sure to tell the doctor everything so that hopefully he/she can help you you. .  I also hope it goes well for you.  Good luck!

Just got back I tried to tell her everything she was pretty much useless she doubled my dose of Prozac to 40mg and gave me chrolphenamine 4mg tablets for my insomnia and I'm being sent to something called first step for counselling I've seen them before and I didn't get on well with them the counseller scared me by saying stuff like I might be sectioned for the self harm and suicidle thoughts which made me not tell them everything

I'm sorry to hear it didn't go well, Nicola.  My first instinct is to say give the increased prozac and the antihistamine a try to see if they work.  I'm not entirely clear on how things function in the UK in terms of getting to see other doctors or getting another opinion - hopefully a member from your part of the world can chip in with some suggestions with what you might do next.  Please keep talking to us here.

PS - sorry to be posting on the Depression board; I read your post because I was concerned about you after your recent SI thread.

Thanks for your concern it means alot :) I haven't self harmed for a few days now I'm no exactly sure I'm rubbish on dates and remembering things some days just blur for me I'm going to give them a try I mean anything is better than nothing I'm not exactly sure about where to go for help so far for me it's been realy hard to find out mental health services there's a charity calls mind but I'm not sure is I have to be referred to them or if I can just walk in and ask for help

here's a charity calls mind but I'm not sure is I have to be referred to them or if I can just walk in and ask for help

I just had a look through the Mind website (www.mind.org.uk), and it looks like you can contact them directly for advice.  However, in their FAQ section they talk about the GP being your first point of call for treatment, so I'm wondering if they're not just going to tell you to go back to the GP if you're unhappy with the treatment you received.  I'm sorry - everything I've read over my years here indicates that getting help for MI in your country can be hugely stressful.  I think though that it can't hurt to call them just to get some verbal advice from someone.

Though again, I'm hoping that a member from the UK will chip in here.  I'm in the southern hemisphere, right at the opposite end of the world!

Edited by miab

It's terrible here for mental health issues I used to think it was good when I was 15 and they sent me to a child physiologist but as soon as I turned 16 they dropped me I'm going to go to my local mind place and see what help they can offer me