CrazyBoards.org

I suffer from depression and anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure) is probably the thing that negatively affects me the most.  I don't have hobbies, I'm not "driven," I don't have a "passion," and now that I am finally starting to reduce my social phobia I am finding, much to my chagrin, that I don't even enjoy social interaction!

Perhaps not surprisingly I have found that Lexapro doesn't help enough with it.  Does anyone know whether certain meds are known to help with this more than others?

It sounds like you are still depressed  and that it is the source of the issue.

Have you tried other meds? This is definately something to bring up with your pdoc -- it's obviously not bringing you much quality of life right now.

Fiona

Thanks for your concern, Fiona.  I actually think my quality of life is fine most of the time.  I would call myself functionally depressed.  It's just that the med doesn't seem to cover all aspects of depression and doesn't stay consistent in its effectiveness.  But when it is at max effectiveness it is a really good drug.

Thanks for your concern, Fiona.  I actually think my quality of life is fine most of the time.  I would call myself functionally depressed.  It's just that the med doesn't seem to cover all aspects of depression and doesn't stay consistent in its effectiveness.  But when it is at max effectiveness it is a really good drug.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you talked to your doc about maybe trying something besides Lexapro? I know when I was on Lexapro I felt very numb - not depressed but not really able to enjoy anything either. I had been on it for about 2 years and didn't actually realize that it made me feel that way until I ended up going off of it cold turkey because of other issues (and I don't reccomend going off any AD cold turkey) but when the doc changed me to something else, I was like, wow, I am enjoying myself driving to work and singing along toa CD - which I couldn't remember doing for a very long time.

okay, that was very long winded, sorry.

Archived