CrazyBoards.org

Hi I didn't know where to write this is there's a specific pain I know that I'm not going to get medical advice from a doctor on here but I can't see anyone til the weekend is over but I'm I alot of pain at the moment with my shoulder and my arm I'm not sure what I've done but for a few days I've been in a little bit of pain with it but today I can't lift my arm up or move it much every time I do I feel like my arm is slowly breaking its probably the worst pain I've ever felt its not dislocated because it looks normal and I can move my fingers and stuff I'm just having a bad time with the pain I guess I'm just ranting in here because I can't sleep because of it

I have had this a few years ago -- I woke up in the middle of the night with it. As you say, felt like arm breaking, etc. It was some of the worst pain I've had and I say that as a migraine sufferer. I went to my doc in the morning, and they gave me a shot next to my spine (not cortesone, and I totally suck for not remembering, but it was not a steroid because of my bipolar, I do know that), and also some take-out painkillers.

I don't know if we had the same thing, but I guess my take-home message is, go to your doctor if you can, asap. Mine problem was a pinched nerve, and I was told that it would heal on its own, but much more slowly without the treatment. This is not much information, but I figured I'd pass one what little I've got from my bout with it.

A few months ago my shoulder starting hurting so much I could not sleep, wash my hair, put on my seat belt, etc.  So I went to the doctor for a referral to my incredible physical therapist.  Now, it is almost completely healed.  Physical Therapy is changing my life.  I am getting up in years and all those repetitive injuries are coming  back to haunt me.  I have NO idea how I hurt my shoulder.  It is probably from years and years of little tears in the muscles.  

At first I just had the electronic stim machine, then the deep tissue massage by the PT doc and then my exercises. The exercises are key.  Stretching and strengthening.  I am trying my damnedest to deal with these various pains and not ever have surgery.  Then he started using the Solar Tens.  I LOVE this thing.  It puts a strong electronic charge right into the pain and totally worked.  Once he started using this Solar Tens, the pain decreased dramatically and the shoulder started to heal.  Unfortunately they don't make this same one anymore otherwise I would use it at home.  It looks like a pen.  The newer ones don't work as well my doc said.

Definitely go to your primary care doctor.  Find out if there is some immediate trauma.  If not, I recommend physical therapy with a good physical therapist.  Like all doctors, unless you have someone you can work with and who knows what they are doing, the appointments will be worthless. And you have to do the exercises.  Religiously.

I'm going to the doctors tomorrow about it my bf wanted me to go to a+e but it's not an emergency so I said no I just hope the pain will go soon my mam gave me a morphine tablet but I'm not going to take it