CrazyBoards.org

beware of the cardboard cutouts! they are out to get you and going to kill you.

Bug

Did the title get your attention? Well, it got my DHs attention.

I have been having this issue, with sleep. I do not have any significant signs of a sleep disorder, however I must admit my sleep is disordered.

Background:

I do not like to sleep. My best days are when I have 0-6 Hours of sleep. My main issue is that I have a horrible time getting to sleep, IE it takes me 5-12 hours to get to sleep. I do get tired, but it's more of "exhaustion" rather than sleepy. Physically and mentally I am exhausted but I am not tired enough to sleep. So when I do feel the need to rest I will lay down, however slowing my mind down is nearly impossible (if possible at all).

My issue:

When I do sleep, I actually sleep really well. I am rested, and I feel alert. However I find that the longer I sleep, when I initially wake up I am very confused and disoriented. As in, when I first wake up for about 2-5 mins I will babble to my husband about random and unusual things.

Information;

I am a very vivid dreamer, and I remember my dreams. And the "topics of discussion" in the morning are seemingly not the same as the topics of my dream.

I am unmedicated.

I have had taken Benadryl and Trazadone to help my insomnia but they do not help me get to sleep, and both actually made my morning confusion worse.

I have had insomnia issues for the past couple months. I tried Benadryl and Trazadone a few weeks ago, and that was the first time I started having confusion.

I am at a loss of words and wisdom, and I must ask if you do not mind blunt...what the fuck is going on?? Any suggestions??

0 - 6 hours of sleep is not healthy, not normal.

You already know that your sleep issues could be hypomania.  If you a shrink and got the sleep issues treated, and a possible DX then some of those marriage problems might disappear.

Treatment is a good thing.  Though you have been through the wringer with a plethora of DX.

Thanks all for the replies :) I apologize for not getting back here sooner, but shits been crazy.

I tend to get on a semi "normal" sleep schedule when I work morning shifts at the shop, so the past week I have been going to bed around 10-11 PM and getting around 7-8 HRS of sleep. However I still awake with the same issue.

This week however, closing the shop is a different story. Which I am actually looking forward to considering I am usually in better spirits. However I had the confusion then as well.

I can not find a pattern.

I used to see a psychiatrist and a talk therapist, but I am not so eager to return to such a dramatic team considering my past. I have been doing well this year, and I feel physically active and mentally better WITHOUT medications and certain kinds of therapy.

I do feel like certain things are coming undone, but I am worried that I will be over medicated and diagnosed with something I'm not. I have spent years of my life down that road and I do not want to travel there again :(