CrazyBoards.org

Deplin, need help......

I went to my PDoc today and they helped me out and gave me a bunch of free Deplin samples.

However, I only need 7.5mg and the capsules contain 15mg.  The form I had before I could just split in half.

Does anyone know if I can just half the capsules or if it matters taking it in powder form? 

Basically I'm wondering if the capsule makes much of a difference or if I can simply take the powder, it would save me tons of money.

Edited by Derek

I took it for awhile. My pdoc had me split the tabs in half and only take 7.5 for the first week.

Edit; Sorry, I didn't notice that the ones you had we're capsules. I would empty the content into a glass of water and drink half for two days.

Edited by Savannah

I took it for awhile. My pdoc had me split the tabs in half and only take 7.5 for the first week.

Edit; Sorry, I didn't notice that the ones you had we're capsules. I would empty the content into a glass of water and drink half for two days.

wait this confused me, do you mean empty half into the water and drink that or do you mean just leave the water out for two days with the deplin?

Either way this is one of those drugs that the capsules don't matter I assume?

Edited by Derek

I would just take half the powder and put it in applesauce or a drink or something.Then close the capsule back up and take the second half the next day. I think that will do just fine.