CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
AD88AM

Clouded by your thoughts while they speak.

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some opinions/personal experiences/etc

I live in an apartment, unemployed because of my condition. And in the apartment below I always hear the people talking, usual gossip and debate.

Anyway, it's hard not to listen to them when you take things to heart, and are extremely vigilant, it becomes your nature, and it's difficult to make out exactly the things that are said through the floor/walls.

What crosses my mind is that, do you think if your mind is so focussed on your own personal life/doubts/mistakes/whatever, it sort of fuses with their voices and plays off that? So basically, their voices give your 'overloaded thought' which your mind finds hard to contain, a sort of vehicle to be expressed externally because internally it's just too much...?

And being vigilant/suspicious, it kind of switches on that whole process because you sort of expect people to criticise you anyway. So you're basically clouded by your thoughts while they speak... I think that's the best way to explain it :/

Thanks.

This used to happen to me a lot when I went off my medication.  I was paranoid of everything, everyone talking about me, criticizing me, joking about me.  Stuff like that.  Once I was back on medication I was so much less paranoid.  I still have some paranoia even on meds, but have come to realize I really do not care what others think of me (in general) because if they don't like it then they can leave/not look at me/not talk to me, etc.

I also notice the paranoia gets worse the more tired I am.  So I try to get as much sleep as I can.