CrazyBoards.org

Think I'm pissing of my nurse

And that's causing her to judge me even more harshly. She's ok when it's just the two of us. She just listens, writes things down. But when it's me, the nurse and "my" psychiatrist, the game changes. I feel like she has the tendency to exaggerate my symptoms.

And I think it's not just me who feels like this; when the nurse was saying something about how sick my relatives were, the psychiatrist actually stated "that's not necessarily got anything to do with this".

I just have this feeling the nurse that I usually meet has some personal reasons to get me a heavier diagnosis that I actually need.

And it's so easy for that individual to defend one's position; paranoia and denial come to mind.

I might not be a likeable person, but someone who's a professional should be able to keep one's emotions in check.

Edited by Ohmy

It is hard to tell with so little information - however there might be another way of looking at this.

And I don't think the psychiatrist comment to the nurse is proof that she wants you to have a different diagnosis,

more that he wanted on you, not your family.

You have written about paranoia before and I think you should consider this.  Why don't you have an honest

conversation with the nurse about your feelings? 

And, don't be afraid of a different diagnosis.  The real issue is your treatment - finding the medication that

will help you live a better life.  Hang in there and be open with your medical team.

It is hard to tell with so little information - however there might be another way of looking at this.

And I don't think the psychiatrist comment to the nurse is proof that she wants you to have a different diagnosis,

more that he wanted on you, not your family.

You have written about paranoia before and I think you should consider this.  Why don't you have an honest

conversation with the nurse about your feelings? 

And, don't be afraid of a different diagnosis.  The real issue is your treatment - finding the medication that

will help you live a better life.  Hang in there and be open with your medical team.

The joke is, that my "paranoia" isn't irrational, even my mother, who I have a difficult relationship with agreed that I notice things other people don't - I'm not stupid. This can also be a problem though, since I assume the only reason my psych is not willing to diagnose me as a SZ is because I scored ok on the WAIS and I'm studying with success.

But that's all beside the point. Kinda. I mean, people dislike people for irrational reasons (my relationship with the nurse); does that make either one of us "sick", or in need of pills?

It's tough to say what might be going on there - but it sounds like the feelings you are having are upsetting and should be addressed.  Do you think you could bring it up with your nurse?  Even if you feel that she will not take it seriously - she might be more willing to discuss it than you think.  And if not - you haven't lost much.