CrazyBoards.org

Hey!
My Depression started a few month back, when I completed all the courses in my high school and simply nothing to do before university. The idea of 5 month summer vacation was actually evil plan of the devil to get my life completely out of balance. April, May they are gone now and it is actually summer, All I did the last two month is just sitting in silence in the dark room doing nothing at all. It felt like I was waste to society , the depression got worse because of some fails in mathematics olympiads and also I had already some failed courses in university (I studied some univ courses during high school) . I am waiting for aliens to get me out from this planet, this type of life is not worth living. Where capitalism covers the planet and humans are still on animal level.
Maybe the depression is a gift from god? 
Gift given from god to save humanity from destructing all what they have and will have. So now I am reading some math , computer science books to develop a better model of society. Maybe this is a way out of depression? 

Randomx5

Good luck with that, random.  Depression is an illness, just like all the other mental illnesses.  If you have read any of the posts here, you know we are in favor of seeing doctors, taking medications, and participating in therapy sessions with a psychologist or other mental health provider.  Mumbo-jumbo, prayer and having lots of will-power is not going to make depression go away.

olga

Well, parents aren't always right, are they?  My parents told me that girls didn't need to go to college, but I did it anyway.

If you continue to suffer and don't receive treatment for your illness, it's on their heads.  I can't imagine having an ill child and not taking her to the doctor.

olga

We can't diagnose you here, but honestly, you don't sound well.  If you are indeed clinically depressed, you have a physical illness.  When you have a physical illness that's affecting the quality of your life, you go to a doctor.  If you had diabetes, would you let your parents tell you it's a gift from above and you should just wish it away through the power of your mind? No? Major psychiatric illness is no different in how it needs professional intervention of some sort.  Not everybody requires medication - sometimes therapy is sufficient - but thinking you can "fight against" this yourself is ludicrous, irresponsible and dangerous.

Hey!

My Depression started a few month back, when I completed all the courses in my high school and simply nothing to do before university. The idea of 5 month summer vacation was actually evil plan of the devil to get my life completely out of balance. April, May they are gone now and it is actually summer, All I did the last two month is just sitting in silence in the dark room doing nothing at all. It felt like I was waste to society , the depression got worse because of some fails in mathematics olympiads and also I had already some failed courses in university (I studied some univ courses during high school) . I am waiting for aliens to get me out from this planet, this type of life is not worth living. Where capitalism covers the planet and humans are still on animal level.

Maybe the depression is a gift from god? 

Gift given from god to save humanity from destructing all what they have and will have. So now I am reading some math , computer science books to develop a better model of society. Maybe this is a way out of depression? 

Randomx5

I actually agree with your parents to a point. When depression first hits, the best way to deal is to figure out what it is telling you about your environment. If your emotions are healthy, there is something going on that your psyche is saying needs to change. If you focus on figuring out what and then taking positive steps to rectify, the depression should alleviate if it is a normal mood. In your case, your psyche may be saying that your environment is not stimulating enough. No school, no structured activities. The healthy reaction, the way to put a normal emotional signal back on track, would be to go do stuff. Well, instead, it sounds like you are just stuck feeling like crap preferring a dark room over the light of day. That sounds more like a mood disorder than a healthy life indicator. You probably have depression the illness and would benefit from medical intervention. The main two options are therapy and/or meds. Talk to your GP. Your parents sound like they are confusing healthy mood information with a disorder, but that's for you to say. This is the Internet. No one here can diagnose you.