CrazyBoards.org

Antipsychotics and panic attacks

So far, both Geodon and Saphris have brought on panic attacks. The experience with Geodon was around March and I just started Saphris on Monday. I stopped the Geodon after one dose but am pushing on with the Saphris. I'm wondering if maybe I'm making myself have panic attacks by being anxious about a new medicine. Anyway, my question is, has anyone else had this problem with antipsychotics and panic attacks and if so, did anything help?

I have had problems with medicine causing anxiety when I first start them, though not a full panic attack. It went away after about 2 weeks, which sure felt like a long time, but maybe once you acclimate to it that side effect will go too?

I have never had this problem from an anti-psychotic, only from antidepressants. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I think you stick out Saphris and see if the panic attacks go away. Obviously, that's going to be really crappy. :( But, you never know, maybe it's just a start up side effect?

Thanks everyone. I am going to stick it out and see how it goes. I am also going to call pdoc tmw and see if there is anything I can do to help.

Cheese, the Saphris hasn't been sedating for me at all.