CrazyBoards.org

Obsessive thoughts

Was wondering if anyone here had the obsessive thoughts questioning reality. I asked on the ocd forum, but I had never obsessed about anything before, so im not positive its actually ocd or related to dissociation. I don't recognize myself in the mirror, people feel 'empty' and im constantly questioning if the world is real or I somehow created it in my mind. I've been this way for 8 months, im so afraid. I want my parents back, when im with them it doesn't feel like they are there since I question if they are real. I have to wait to see a pdoc in August, and im just terrified that this wait will be for nothing, that they cant help me. I just don't know what to do if meds don't help.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the difference between depersonalization and derealization? (sp?) Obviously, I can't say what is going on with you, but what you describe sounds like what I experience when I have derealization. I actually only used to experience depersonalization, but in the last couple of years I started experiencing derealization as well. They feel different to me, I don't know if others agree.

I had PTSD, which was the first time I experienced bad dissociation. But even now that I am pretty much fine in terms of the PTSD, I have never stopped dissociating, especially when stressed or anxious. Grounding techniques are really helpful.

You have to give up answering those questions. Like I see my mom. Okay I must be real 'ANSWER'. That is the very thing that is feeding it.....AD's do do alot of help believe or not.....You are in doubt that your real or have a disorder. I had it five years and I know that looks like I long time for you but I gave up answering and I don't even know how to obsesse anymore because of the what if's have stopped. OCD when it is really bad will come in waves like this. You just start to learn how to cope.....Ya I kinda feel depersonlization is in there but it doesn't change the fact that you know your going thru it. No one can give you enough assurance to make it stop. It's a endless pipe dream when you do that....Accept the possibility that everything isn't real but move on....I know those are straight forward words but thats how you heal.

Edited by sonicwhite

Depression can cause dp/dr, as well.

Hopefully, for you, the dp/dr is a symptom of anxiety/depression, and not a stand-alone illness. If it is a standalone illness, your care providers can teach you ways to ground yourself that it becomes less of a constant presence in your life.

I have to disagree with Sonic, though. I think that you're doing well to question what's happening to you. That way you can fight for the care that you need. You don't need to do this alone.

It's Okay.....it doesn't have to be that way....IDK what your going thru to be honest. It sounds alot like what I have been thru but you maybe going thru something different. Seek help. Number one.....Don't give up....Life may never be 100% like it was before you had this illness but, You beat this and make sure you get the most out of the life you were givin and deserve....OCD DP/DR can't steal your will to live.....

Then your prolly going thru DP/DR. I went thru it because I smoked a bowl of weed and I thought I was at the final Judgment and was about to be sent to hell.....I know thats scary but maybe it will give you relief that your's may not seem as bad as that....Also have you gotten a pdoc or tdoc? Have you tried to combat this with medication or therapy.....It just took about three years before they found the right med which was klonopin and zoloft. I know you take Kpin's but, a AD may help you.....Are you young and your parents don't help you?. If your in the type of relationship then a counselor can help. Other then that. If your not active in trying to get better then you never will. Step out in faith if you take care of yourself and atleast try to find a med....I'm sorry you feel like the center of the universe right now. I truely know what that feels like.

I have to wait until August before the pdoc can see me. Im also on 40mg of Prozac, but it hasn't done much. Ive tried emailing the two ocd therapist near me, but they haven't ever replied, may have to actually call them on the phone. Do you not feel so alone now sonic?

I hope so. I never did drugs or anything, this was all triggered by pure stress and anxiety. Im hoping when you get to a point where you just aren't worrying/thinking about this stuff life will feel normal again and ill feel connected to people again.

I hope that you can find a good way to treat the anxiety. Are there ways to make changes in your life that can reduce the stress?

I think that making such positive changes are a great way to start. Dissociation is one of those things that can be hard to pin down, so having concrete goals such as those to focus on are good things to do.

Do you think that you can try to reach out to others in spite of the dissociation?