CrazyBoards.org

Please Help Me

I just had a lot of rejection, what feels like too much. I haven't cut in a long time for me, like 3 months. I'm struggling not to. My boyfriend left me. I feel so alone. I literally feel like I have no friends. I feel like I have no one to fight for me anymore so why would it matter. I've put it off for three days; I want to beat this. I know the tools. I know the alternatives. Sometimes I get so lost in the feelings. I'm so sad. I wish God would help me but I feel so alone. I just don't want to feel alone. I want this struggle to be over. Dear God, when does it end? :'(

I'm really sorry your going through this right now.  Do you have any family you can rely on?  Are you in therapy?  

Breakups are difficult and I can understand how it would trigger your self injury.  Remember that it does get better, eventually.  

I'm sorry you are facing such a dark time, but just understand dark times don't last. You already made it three days without cutting yourself, it is not easy to be strong when we are emotionally injured but if you can be it just shows how strong you really are. You are reaching out for help when you need it, and it just shows that you are not ready to throw in the towel, you want to conquer this. Here are some videos I find very helpful when I'm down:  This one is more relaxing: 

The second is more mind clearing http://youtu.be/koY9Lxs_Cnw Edited by Forbidden91

When I have felt crushingly alone, I tend to rely on family or my cats to help me feel better. Do you have family or pets that can ease your feelings of being alone? 

Break ups are really hard, I'm so sorry you're going through one right now. But remember, the feelings like this don't last forever. It hurts really bad for a while, but it gets easier with time. 

Have you taken a look at this thread? http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/43071-i-wanted-to-self-harm-today-instead-i/

That thread can give you ideas of what to do instead of self-harm. 

Also, you don't have to make it through days. You only have to make it through minutes. Try telling yourself, "I won't self-harm for 1 minute" and just try to make it through that minute. Another idea is to make a "safe-zone" in your house, a place that you promise yourself you won't self-harm, a place that has no tools. Then, when you feel the urge to self-harm, go to the safe-zone and try to stay there for 1 minute (or 2 minutes, or 5 minutes, whatever, you feel you can do).

Keep checking back here, cause we are here to support you. And on harm-reduction note,  if you do self-harm, please take steps to ensure it's as cleanly and safe as possible.  

We are here for you, Katie. You can get through this. 

Thanks for all your support. I made it through last night. Just break down. I have an apt tomorrow with my therapist. I have a dog, he's super cute. Stayed with me all night. I appreciate the support. :)

I like the idea of a self-harm safe spot. That's a really cool idea. I might try that. Thanks.

I'm glad you have an appt with your therapist. :) I am also glad you had your puppy dog there to comfort you. Animals are really special, they have a unique way of making people feel better. 

I'm glad you like the safe-zone idea, I stole it from Wooster (Thanks, Woo!). I used this method many times when I was trying to quit self-harming.

Good luck to you, and I hope you feel better, minute by minute, day by day. :)