CrazyBoards.org

Incentive

I have started a program to encourage me to not SI. I get a little stone decorated with a word of encouragement and the date of the mile stone. I started on 30 days and today I made my 40 day 'mile stone'. I put the last stone in a little glass bowl. When I fill up the bowl I will get a special incentive.

My problem, I don't think I'm going to make it to the 50 day mile stone. Every day is just a pure struggle. I hold onto the stone and try to fight the urge. 

post-12034-0-26948600-1371447456_thumb.j

I think having a visual representation of what you want to achieve will help you. I have been told if you want something from the universe you need to ask for it and either draw it out literally or have some physical representation of that goal. I know that if you continue to do something for 21 days it will become a routine. Although it hasn't been 21 days and getting through a single day with urges is unbelievably difficult at times, I know you can do it. I am rooting for you! Just think about the incentives really hard? Reward yourself when you don't give into urges? I am all for rewards. 

Please check in with us on your journey. I would love to see a picture of your bowl getting filled with precious milestones!

I like this. I also like that you can hold the stones. For me, having something literal and tangible to hold on to is very important and helpful.

I'm really proud of you for making this far. You're doing really well.

Thank you so much for the encouragement everyone. I had a hell of a day today and I want to give in, god do I want to give in, but your kind words and positive thoughts mean the world to me. Because I came here and I read this I will make it one more day. You are wonderful.