CrazyBoards.org

Introducing myself... OCD and Anxiety

Just introducing myself. I am a 35 year old woman who has been suffering from OCD since I was 14. I finally gave in and got help when I was 20-21. I should have done it earlier, but it just wasn't something people talked about and wasn't as "acceptable" to talk about back in then. I have been on so many anti-depressants, I can't even count them. Most recently I was on Lexapro and Abilify. Abilify was my miracle drug for OCD. I have never found anything that I could actually say "hey, this works for me!" before Abilify. Unfortunately I had to get off of it due to weight gain and increased blood sugar. I got on Pristiq (mainly for the weight loss) and now I have seen my pdoc, and I am working on getting off the Pristiq and getting on Luvox. I have been on Luvox about 10 years ago, but I am willing to give it another go. Anything to try to get this unquiet mind a little peace!

Hope to have good discussions with you all!

Edited by ohheywhatsup

Hi there! You will find lots of people here who have OCD and have been through many meds. You will definitely have a lot of good discussions here. :) Welcome.