CrazyBoards.org

I tried to fill my Seroquel XR and they have to order it, will be in tomorrow. I am out of it, of course. I hope I can find a spare of the lower dosage I saved. If not I may be having the spins in the a.m. And of course I have to work in the morning.

Do you have any gravol if you can't find spare?  It always took a few days for the really bad Seroquel discontinuation to kick in, but it might help with the spins in the meantime (I'm not sure what Gravol's brand name is outside of the US).

This may not help much, but my pharmacy doesn't stock my birth control and I run out like this sometimes. It's really shitty.

Maybe you can talk to them about setting up reminders so this doesn't happen in the future?

This happened with my mother's morphine (!!!) - she would have had to wait five days in horrible pain over Memorial Day weekend for them to order it. We frantically drove around to different pharmacies to find one that had it in stock. We finally found one that could partially fill it. The only way to prevent this is to call your pharmacy about a week to ten days before you'll need a refill to give them a heads up to order it. It still sucks. That happened with my Seroquel, too - I NEEDED it in order to sleep and hence fend off a hypo/manic episode. I, too, was lucky to have had some spares from a bottle with a previous dosage in it. My emergency backup plan for that is to keep Benedryl on hand for sleep. Not as effective as Seroquel for sleep, but it's something. 

My asshole pharmacy won't order the damn med until they have a script in hand. Wtf. And the prescription plan won't let them refill it too early, so then I am stuck in this window where I have to remember when I have like 5 left. I can't even have them put it on hold in the computer because I don't get refills, just a new prescription each month.

Edited by wj74

Is there a way for your pdoc to give you refills instead of making you file a new paper script each month? I still sometimes get the "We can only partially fill your script, the rest will be in on Tuesday," with refills, but it's less likely than with new paper scripts. 

Yeah I can ask about the refill option. I *think* he doesn't do them with me because my dosage/meds can change from month to month but I have been pretty stable for the past few months so maybe.

I was a little hypo last night but took my reg. dose early so today should be fine.

I had to call 8 different pharmacies before I found one that had Thorazine in stock...most of the pharmacy people don't even know what it is...

That is crazy! Thorazine is also used for intractable vomiting for people with stomach viruses and like. You'd think they would keep it in stock - I've taken it for psych reasons and also when I had a stomach bug. It's a pretty basic,commonly used med with multiple uses. It's beyond incompetent for someone working at a pharmacy not to know what it is.

The pharmacist actually told me I am the only patient taking Seroquel XR and that's why they don't keep a supply of it. Stupid, yes.

This is exactly the situation I'm in.  My dosage has been stable for well over a year now, so my pdoc writes scripts with 6 repeats on them.  I still have to remember to call the pharmacy 2-3 days before I run out so that they can order it in for me.  My recommendation would be to see if you can get your pdoc to write a script with refills on it, then set an alarm on your phone (or whatever you use) to remind you to contact the pharmacy a few days before you're out of the med completely.  Seroquel withdrawal is not fun; best to do whatever you can to avoid it at all costs.

Yeah I need to ask him about refills or mail order. I can get 3 months worth for less than refilling it every month. I feel okay, I was a little wired yesterday and then my daughter was being picked on at school and all I could do was cry this morning because she was so upset. I called the teacher and cried, cried at work, ugh. Why do they have to pick on the nice girls?

So, eh, a little off but okay. Hoping tomorrow goes better.

I use CVS for my pharmacy. My pdoc puts 3-4 refills on the script. CVS always calls me prior to the expected fill date and asks if I want to refill the med. I havent had to wait for a med since the pdoc has given me scripts with refills.

If it is a drug he knows he isnt going to change he makes it a 90 script and I have them filled by the mail.

I used to worry because it is difficult to find Prolixin in stock, but since he has been writing with refills I havent had the problem since.