CrazyBoards.org

Although my paranoia keeps me from socializing most of the time in the first place, if I should have to socialize with someone for even a little longer than 5-10min then later I cant help but keep having paranoid thoughts about that person. It makes me want to socialize even less for multiple days and next time should I speak to that person again I behave robotically, rude and even abusive towards them. So thats as far as my ability to develop relationships of any kind goes.

I have no idea how people could relate to this thread so i dont really have a question.

Edited by konings

Just wanted to say that I get this too.

Most of the time I'm not paranoid, but sometimes I think they say something which is a hidden way to make fun of me.

I sympathize. Once on the right dose of the right meds, though, I don't really have this problem anymore.

I get this way, especially if I'm talking to someone over the phone. I can get very paranoid about a person and then be very mean to them afterwards because of my thoughts.

So you're not the only person who gets like that.

It could be over-analyzing a situation and the people involved, and/or thinking that you know what the other person is thinking about you, called mind reading. Personally, I just say to myself, "**** that", when it comes to paranoia regarding social situations (I don't know if we are allowed to swear) or any disturbing symptoms/thoughts. It works most of the time (for several years), and this quote is perhaps why I am, 1. Both intentionally withdrawn and apathetic towards social life, and 2. Not afraid of people or saying what is on my mind (with as much courtesy as I know how to give), in general. Not to say that love and empathy are gone!