CrazyBoards.org

That time when the blood levels of your medication have dropped

Eg when your drugs half life is over or becoming over, sooner or later. Every day 2-3 hours before I am supposed to take the next dose, no matter if the meds half life is 22 hours (risperdal) or 74+ hours (sertindole), I feel worse in those 2-3, even 3-4 hours before the next dosing. It shouldnt happen with meds whose half life is so long, but it does. Anyone else have it happen to them?

On a drug with a 74 hour 1/2 life after multiple doses you have a steady blood level all the time so if you feel a change 2 hours before the next dose it is either something other than drug level or it is placebo response.

On a drug with a 74 hour 1/2 life after multiple doses you have a steady blood level all the time so if you feel a change 2 hours before the next dose it is either something other than drug level or it is placebo response.

Ok then I dont know what to call it, because the way I feel in relation to my disease alters around this period for the worse and then stabilizes again a little bit of time after the new dose has taken effect.

Edited by konings