CrazyBoards.org

When is this crap going to start working

I'm so depressed not even shopping helps.  I couldn't wait to change my med combination because I had been taking it for ten years and slept 12 to 14 hours a day.  I literally slept a decade of my life away.  The worst thing is I loved it but I am getting to the point that I have more years behind me than ahead of me.  After weaning off of the old seroque and effexor wich took 9 weeks and 9 weeks of slowly beginning Prozac and Trazodone and I also take wellbutrin.  This week I'm up to 300mg of wellbutrin, 40mg prozac, 50 mg of trazodone and I had to keep taking 50mg seroquel down from 300mg.  I am so depressed I don't want to take a shower or leave my house.  How long till I can safely say I need to increase the prozac?  I know it's only been a week but with the weaning off and then slowly increasing the new I've been depressed for about two months.  

I think that's a question for your psychiatrist.  Everyone reacts to meds so differently that it's hard to say when you should increase a dose of something.  Plus, we're not doctors here and it would be really irresponsible for us to advise you.

I hope the Wellbutrin increase kicks in for you soon.  It's awful to go through a deep depression, and I don't blame you for feeling impatient.

olga

I weaned onto prozac fairly fast.  From what I remember maybe 10 mg a week. Then when up to 40 mg I went to 60 mg and then to 80 mg.  In the summer though it is decreased to 40 mg because my "inner energy" changes somehow and I don't need as much.