CrazyBoards.org

Beam me up... Oh hey...

Whats up? Im Rikki.. and Im pretty batshit crazy.  (Schizoaffective and BPD) Yay! So I have a constant ebb and flow of psychotic delusions with a side of sexual tension and turmoil....

Anywho, Im here and ready to rock.  Im not on meds.  :D

I actually "hide" my disorder as much as possible, so I dont know many other crazy people (or people who are crazy that are in denial about it)

So hey...

And that's who the hell I am :D

(I am a female, btw... My white trash father decided to name me "Rikki" after Rikki Rockett from that abnoxious band Poison... Fuck. My.Life...)

Hello, and welcome Rikki. This place is a very pro-med site, so be careful what you reply to people. But I am also on the no med band wagon so no judgment here. This place is pretty cool, with blogs & galleries & good folk. I don't post much but I read & follow a lot. Enjoy dudette.

Hi, Rikki and welcome to Crazyboards.

I ask all new members to read the User Agreement:  it gives you an idea of how we operate and avoids problems later on.

As Bug said, we advocate seeing a psychiatrist, taking appropriate medications, having therapy, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  Obviously, you can do whatever you please, but just be aware that CB members will probably recommend treatment if you post in any of the forums that you are not taking meds.

I'm glad you are here and I hope you like hanging out with our members.  Don't be afraid to contact a mod if you need help with something.

olga

Hey guys! Thanks for the welcome! (@Olga, already did :) 

Just so you know, meds are great, I refuse to take them because of irreversible spasms and tremors from tardive dyskenia.  Ive been off them for 3 years now with still terrible symptoms of TD.  So, yeah, over it.  Things definitely get intense (especially paranoia, I can never seem to shake this... blahhh)  but until I can meet a shrink who can honestly say there is a medication that will not make the TD worse, who I havent meet yet obviously, I will not take them.  My therapist is awesome though.  I love her.  I just have to work really hard with her :)  Off meds is probably not the wisest thing to do, but I'm stubborn as a mule (Capricorn).

I actaully joined because I just quit smoking (cigarettes) and I need something to keep occupied for a while once I have cleaned every surface in the house and have eaten all the food in the fridge.  Yay! Im pretty stoked about this though, I'm on day 6! Whoop!

So, thank you again for the warm welcome and hope to see you guys around!

Rikki (Not Rockett) lol

Hey, congrats on quitting the smokes.  It's the best thing you could possibly do for your health.  I think joining CB is a great distraction, but are you exercising at all?  When I quit, I  used to go for a 10-minute walk when the urge to smoke got really strong.

I understand why you are so against meds---understandable in your situation.  Good luck and I hope you continue to hang out here.

olga

Yes, although I exercised before, I tend to look forward to it more now, especially since I've been eating wayyy too much lol I have been trying my hardest to keep it healthy... :) I have started to get an awful hack-like cough now (eew) although for the first few days I was really dizzy and that has subsided.

I heard that cigarettes were bad, but after experiencing the sweating, dizziness, and now coughing, I now really believe it.  I'm glad I quit!

When I quit, I went to a program with a counselor and he told me that nicotine is almost as addictive as heroin.  That was startling to me, because I had never really thought of nicotine as an addictive drug. (How dumb was I????  heh)

To ease your withdrawal symptoms, be sure to drink lots of water.  It helps to get all the toxic junk out of your body.  It's also good if you are afraid of eating too much, because drinking a lot of water helps you to feel full.

We have a blog section here, if you feel like blogging.  A lot of our members do, and they comment on each other's blogs and offer support.  If you feel the need to get feedback and positive reinforcement, start a blog.  This is a nice group of people and they will welcome you into the Blogland society. :)

olga

I actually got here four years ago before any diagnosis (I knew I was fucked up though, eh) and I was worried about being crazy while quitting smoking. Think that was my very first post here, he he.

It's hard, but doable. Says the lady who quit for three years and started up again. Ugh.

I used patches and got good support here. Started running. It was good!

Good luck with that and welcome!

@ Olga.  You must be psychic ;) Already wrote my first blog entry;) I just saw your comment.

Cigarettes are definitely horribly addictive.  From using drugs in the past, including heroin, I can safely say cigarettes are harder.  With heroin you have worse physical withdrawl symtoms and cravings but no where as intense as just the cravings from nicotine.  When cigarette cravings hit, its like hitting a brick wall... I think with heroin you just feel like shit so you want it more.. I dont know, but thats what it seems like.  The only physical symptoms Ive had so far, that appeared on day one and were gone by day 3 were; dizziness, slight irritability (would've been horrible if I didnt use the gum) and sweating.  The first day I kept randomly breaking out it fits of sweat lol

I used the gum for the first 3 days, which wasnt the program (the program says to chew for 12 weeks) but I didnt see the point in getting hooked on the gum for another 12 weeks so I sucked it up ever since day 3... That definitely sucks but I really didnt see the sense in using the gum for 12 weeks... But I also didnt smoke much. Not even a pack a day because I had cut down so it was proabably easier now than when I smoked one pack+

So, yes, its doable, but I guess I just don't want to smoke anymore.  If I did I would still be smoking (heehee) I had quit before in the past for almost a year but when my daughter was sick and we practically lived at the children's hospital I was totally stressed out and started smoking again. 

As long as I exersice my coping skills properly I will not pick up the habit again.  :)

@The Emperor:  Thanks for the welcome!  The first time (not this time) I tried to quit cold turkey and I think I threw myself into a whole crazy I never want to see again.. Ugh, now I really felt like shit then. lol.  Fuck, that was horrible.

The patches I will never use again.. I hear they work wonders but from previous experience they make me sick...

I was hospitalized and I was really having a hard time without cigarettes.  Which how I came to even USE the patched is totally my luck:

OK, I was hospitalized a lot back in my teens and I started smoking at about 16.  I had to deal with all of the nicotine withdrawls every time I was admitted into the hospital for years, until I turned 18.  I wasnt given an aid because I was underage.  There was a patio area where patients could take smoke breaks throughout the day.  Ugh, I wanted to do this sooo bad, but I was....under age.  Well, my 18th birthday rolls around and here I was, getting wheeled back into the psych ward yet again.  I was pretty upset about everything but I remember thinking, at least I can have a cigarette, right? Nope. Wrong.  The city ordinance had just passed saying there was to be no smoking in public places or around hospitals.  Happy Birthday...

So, the patch was given to me.  My other option was straw-like device that you inhaled this nicotine dust that tasted like rotten onions and shit.  Patch please.  I slap that puppy on and wait to feel better.  Fast forward 20  minutes; I am "white as a ghost" as described by the nurse on staff and throwing up all over the table at group. Never again. happy birthday...

If I didnt have bad luck I wouldnt have any at all! :D