CrazyBoards.org

how did you convince yourself of your dellusions?

I convinced myself a lot of what I was thinking was delusional when I started getting reality checks, where to believe something I had to see it or hear it from another person's mouth.  Or see it in like a newspaper or something.  Otherwise it was delusional thinking.

Convince ourselves our delusions were real, or convince ourselves our delusions were not real?

For me, I form a theory that would be considered delusional by first noticing all the coincidences. Then I think of an explanation to explain it all. Afterwards, I usually see more coincidences or odd happenings and that just reinforces my theory of conspiracy.

At the same time, I realize that people who are the target of conspiracies are by social definition crazy and deluted. So I realize there might be a chance the conspiracy is false, though that really depends on my insight and I posted A LOT about insight yesterday in another topic here.

I listen to what my wife has to say. I trust her wholeheartedly so when she says something I believe isn't true I believe her (usually).

The newspaper or hearing it from other people doesn't really work for me because I don't really trust what I hear or read, that's where most of my delusions come from. I'll make weird associations or draw illogical conclusions from messages that are only for me or that other people aren't smart enough to get and my mind just runs with it.

Edited by MusicNeverStops

I listen to what my wife has to say. I trust her wholeheartedly so when she says something I believe isn't true I believe her (usually).

The newspaper or hearing it from other people doesn't really work for me because I don't really trust what I hear or read, that's where most of my delusions come from. I'll make weird associations or draw illogical conclusions from messages that are only for me or that other people aren't smart enough to get and my mind just runs with it.

That is a really good point!  That is what I do sometimes and did also ... take what I read (mainly) and draw conclusions that are kind of "in between the lines" that no one but me can understand.  I hadn't thought of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to read other people to see if they saw or heard it too. As for my paranoia that is harder because I can't ask people if they are following me so I try to tell myself how unlikely it is that they are following my boring self.

Edited by wj74