CrazyBoards.org

What I mean is, whenever I get asked by a new doctor or whenever I'm doing intake they always ask "Do the voices come from inside your head like your thoughts or outside like my voice?".

I'm wondering does anyone have voices that come from inside? Like it's not like you can hear them coming from somewhere else but there's someone else's voice inside your own head talking to you and creating thoughts for you.

Is this a form of psychosis? It's like I have a crowd of people inside my head all talking at once and saying random things. It's like they're putting thoughts into my head and telling me to do things.

My next pdoc appointment is Wednesday, what should I do until then?

I´ve had both: voices coming from the inside and external voices coming from the surroundings.

Actually the first time I got voices they were coming from the inside, (inside my head), they were random voices from people I knew who weren´t there. After a few days, I started hearing these voices coming from the outside, now they were people I didn´t know, and they were angry voices.

The voices were a side effect of a med I took. Once I stopped it, the voices also did.

Check this out: http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/62651-internal-chatter/

As I posted there, I think there are 2 different ways of what is called hearing voices. One can be inside your head, the same as your own thoughts but seem to be from somewhere/something else; and the other can be heard just like a sound from the outside world, like if you heard it with your ears.

Thanks for the replies. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in hearing these voices in my head. I sometimes hear the external voices too but lately it's like someone or something else is putting their thoughts into my head and that's what I'm hearing. It's all I can hear, I can't listen to music or have proper conversations or anything.

It's getting to be too much.

Way back when all this first started for me I had thoughts/voices in my head of "people" talking to me/asking me questions (no outside voices yet).  Then over time the voices because auditory, where I could hear everything outside of my head, as if the person was right there.

I can relate, MusicNeverStops. While hearing 5 different voices talking about you at the same time it can get difficult (or impossible) to continue to pay attention to the world, or even to people in front of you that you were talking to, I know this from experience.

There's probably a lot written on this subject here on CB, I would strongly recommend you check out the link I provided in my first post. Read the comments people made and search for other similar topics on the forum. Hearing voices, as personal as it can seem to people experimenting it (or so was my experience), seems to actually be a rather common thing among people with MI's (or at least those going psychotic); and I mean both kind of voices, the external hallucinations and the internal ones.

You seem to be doing OK for now (but whether you are fine or need urgent help is for you to answer), in any case, make sure to bring up all of this with your psychiatrist on your appointment on Wednesday. Hope you get better soon.

Edited by Lemmiwinks

my main one doestn' originate from inside my head, but comes in to give me orders.

everything else both originates from out side can't access me from within.

*unless* shit goes wrong and i believe somethings been placed (usually via contaminated mediation cups but sometimes through a procedure that i only vaguely recall because they've tried to wipe my memory) that acts as a conduit for them to steal my words or plant ideas or pictures in my head. but that's not so much voices originating form within as it is thoughts.

Edited by mellifluous

I always hear people talking bad about me. Or people who wont stop calling my name. I hear this coming from other places in the apartment. Like in the bathroom or outside the door or something like that. Scares the crap out of me if I'm alone or even with someone sometimes. I also find it annoying.

I have heard voices both inside and outside my head. The inside one gives me rude commands and the outside one gives me hilarious commands, in a rude voice. I just can't take the outside voice seriously. 

Thankfully, meds have entirely taken away the few voices that I heard. I actually rarely have auditory hallucinations.

I hear both voices both inside and outside. The commanding one was put inside my head and basically hijacks my brain. I hate that one. The others are external and I hear them when I lay down. They mostly chatter loudly.

Meds have helped but haven't put a complete hault on all my voices.

I've been asked all sorts of questions about auditory hallucinations.  Is it your own voice? Are the voices male/female?  I've probably been asked where they are coming from.  They come from outside for me and i think someone is in another room where I can hear but not see or someone is transmitting messages to me. 

Can you call your pdoc?  Maybe they can adjust your meds until you get in on Wed?

Thank you all for your useful replies.

I have called my pdoc's office and they told me to hold tight until Wed and if things get too much for me to go to Urgent Care. The voices are annoying, but I don't think I'm in any sort of immediate danger.

I find the images I get in my mind much more annoying, it's like someone is sending them to me.

I get those a lot, like images of me doing things to myself and then I can feel them as if it's actually happening. I'm guessing that would be a form of tactile hallucination?

I find those much worse than hearing voices.

i have a few memories of loud inside voices the way people falling asleep get, a reel of loud conversation. in high school no voices, but i heard banging andd shuffling sounds and would have trouble figuring out where sounds came frrom so i would hear my stomach growling from the ceiling. i actually went years with no voices  and they came back in May. It started when my thoughts in my head got faster and more chaotic and noisy and i couldn't control or predict them. my thoughts narrated everything I did for a few weeks, inside my head like I was the subject of a nature documentary. then there were murmurs in white noise that over time developed character and turned into full outside voices but only one ear could hear them! i think the voices grow and it starts, for me, with having trouble slowing or controlling my own internal dialogue. 

i've never heard others refer to the mental images before...I call them blips because it just shoots into my head. again, noticed it at first as a kid every time i blinked/shut my eyes i saw a vivid image usually of something painful like pins in my skin and I would feel it. I still don't know if either of my examples are what is being spoken of here, I always thoughts it was OCD, that I was having intrusive images and thoughts because I couldn't mike them go away. Learned to keep my mind really blank for years, its not blank anymore. i'm very passive, thoughts just come to me and I'm so used to it i don't really care, its just when I get anxious it gets louder and sometimes I do what the thoughts say. I thought it was an OCD thing but when I told my doctor for the first time they said it wasn't.

i've never heard others refer to the mental images before...I call them blips because it just shoots into my head. again, noticed it at first as a kid every time i blinked/shut my eyes i saw a vivid image usually of something painful like pins in my skin and I would feel it. I still don't know if either of my examples are what is being spoken of here.

That's just what it's like, except it's when my eyes are open. I'll see something in my mind and then I'll believe it's really happened and I'll feel it and everything. I'm not sure if it's part of psychosis or something else...

• 3 weeks later...

i've been having those mental images as breakthrough symptoms for a bit now and, man, they fucking suck! they're always graphic and end with me getting crunched somehow or twisting...ugh. i've also had one of my more "demon-related" presence hallucinations pop through (only once though in the past month so not constant at all) and i really think mine are stress related/anxiety. i just have to rest enough and be vigilant about certain meds (though that's improved a lot with going to injections)...and i kinda have to avoid being too stimulated/stressed with a much lower threshold than appears to be expected/managed by many.