CrazyBoards.org

I have been diagnosed with PTSD traits(I dont get flashbacks, memories or intrusive thoughts), one of them being that time goes by very fast for me, I cant believe we are in the 6th month of the year, NYE felt like such a short time ago and I remember in school 6 months took ages to go by.

So anyway know why this happens, anyway to remedy it? Its a bit weird having a different sense of time than other people, I get a lot of responses like "that was a long time ago" "how can you remember that" and I can disapear for a long period of time too.

People sometimes bring up things that happened 10 years ago and I cant believe 10 years have gone by.

I have huge problems with time.

It isn't as linear as it is made out to be. Sometimes it skips forward, other times I fall through it to the past.

Have you ever tried mindfulness? If you are more mindful of the present, and aware of what's going on around you instead of hiding in your head, then you will have a better sense of time moving forward. I think that's how it works, anyway. I'm not exactly the poster child of success in that department.