CrazyBoards.org

Decisions, Decisions--Pros and Cons (Invega, Risperdal, Haldol, Lithium)

Hello, everyone.

I have bipolar and was recently released from the hospital on a month long shot of Invega, a three week shot of Haldol (they were trying different things with me to see what worked best), 300 mg of lithium in the morning/600 at night, 5 mg of Haldol at night, and Risperdal 2mg at night. Before my hospitalization I was on Abilify and Lithium, and that combination was like taking nothing.

This seems like a lot! I am breaking out a lot on my upper back due to the lithium, worry about weight gain from the Risperdal and the Invega if I decide to go with one of those, and I worry about Tardive Dyskenisia and restlessness with the Haldol if I decide to go with that. I also worry about over-sleeping on the atypical antipsychotics.

I meet with my doctor in around two weeks, and I just don't know where to start with going over my options.

Can you all please share your experiences with the medications I listed (pros, cons, side effects, good effects, etc.) As much detail as possible would be great! I want to be well informed!