CrazyBoards.org

Hey yall! Im new here but just had a quick question:

I get totally paranoid sometimes.  The fear is just rediculous sometimes and I know somewhere (thank god) that this is totally irrational, but I can't shake it.  It lasts for weeks.  I have a great support network, friends, and therapist but I wanted to ask do any of you experience this gut wrenching paranoia? Is there anything in particular that you do that helps tone it down a bit?  The anxiety it causes really ticks me off lol

Oh well, just asking. 

I'm doing well though :) This paranoia is totally stupid :( grrr at this....

Just wondering...

I get paranoia too.  A lot.  To get myself less anxious, I try to tell myself the likelihood of (whatever) happening is so small that it probably won't happen.  The paranoia doesn't completely go away because I am extremely vigilant, but it kind of helps to reassure myself when I put things in different perspectives.

I get intensely paranoid as well. It never fully goes away it seems. I try not to dwell on it or ruminate about it because I can and would go on forever about it or things that I suspect. That is easier said than done though, I know.

What gets me is that I KNOW that people are out to hurt me in some way. Whether physically or emotionally. Whether stealing from me or beating me up. I know I am not strong enough to thwart a physical attack. Nor am I fast enough to run away most likely. So I would try to stop the attack but I don't know if I could. I also worry that people are trying to take advantage of me or my family. I know this happens too.

I don't know how to stop any of this. I'm scared and I hate everything.

I get really paranoid too, usually that someone is watching/stealing/hiding in the shadows to attack me. It sucks, but it sucks much less on Seroquel. Driving is hard because I think people are following me sometimes. I didn't tell my pdoc for the longest time because I was afraid they would take my kids away. And now I am anxious that I typed that and someone would find me.

Anyway. I try to tell myself it's not true, the chances of it happening are really small, etc. I am just really glad to be on meds.

Thanks for the responses.   Paranoia seems to always haunt me :( Ugh.. and the anxiety that comes with it..

Oh well.. I hate telling people about the paranoia because I'm afraid it will become really redundant... because Im constantly paranoid. lmfao Oh well...

Thank you for all your responses... I dont have many people that can relate :(

Have a good night!/day!

Paranoia is such a constant for me that I never knew what life was like without it. Since being medicated, things have changed drastically. I fear the creepy thing lurking in the shadows, something happening to my kids while I'm asleep and even my kids being affected somehow due to my instability and coming in to kill me. (I watched a lot of not so kid friendly shows as a child). I use to also be afraid that someone would be hiding in the house while we were all awake then sneak out and hurt us all at night. Not to mention ppl sneaking in my car, being poisoned, or tampering with my vehicles. its always there, but if I don't allow myself to think about it or avoid thinking about things increase everyday anxiety I am able to ignore it. You are not alone.  

I have a hard time realizing that I'm paranoid, because I don't believe in conspiracies or that someone is out to get me. But when I have more insight, I notice that I keep all the blinds in my house closed so nobody can see me. I always think the person behind me is following me on the road. Sometimes this freaks me out. And I won't sleep without my Lhasa Apso because she has epilepsy and I'm afraid she will have a seizure.

I have a horrible paranoia, that when I talk to people they can tell there is something wrong with me.  My delusional reality leaves me feeling like I'm not real, so I think everyone must also notice it.  I avoid friends and co-workers to hide it.  I'm taking new medication that is really helping.  I have Schizotypal Personal Disorder.  I've been like this forever. 

It's really hard.

Pond

Usually I have to take a lorazepam before leaving my apartment because of anxiety from paranoia. What's weird is when I stop to think about it, I don't always know what I'm paranoid about. I get that overwhelming paranoid feeling, yet sometimes it doesn't seem to target anything specific.

This makes me wonder if my subconscious knows something I don't. <- is paranoid about paranoia. Lol

Paranoia is a nasty at times irrational feeling we get.  I wouldn't go hiking the Alaskan wilderness without a rifle.  Why because I am paranoid of bears.  Sometimes there is a reason to be paranoid.  But sometimes hikers travel miles and not encounter even one bear.  And what is it with gas stations late at night, I keep thinking someone is going to rob me.  Also walking by crowds of strangers not knowing if someone crazy is preying upon you.  But then again I bring myself to reality and dawn on the realization that none of this will happen.    

And what is it with gas stations late at night, I keep thinking someone is going to rob me.  Also walking by crowds of strangers not knowing if someone crazy is preying upon you.

You never know ... sometimes things happen when you least expect it.

^^ the fear of bad things happening to people just feeds the paranoia. Your head just takes the fears you have and twists them so you believe they really are after you. I go outside at night with the dog and I just know that someone is lurking in the dark waiting for me to come out, or they are monitoring me.

I park at the closest pump. keep my car doors locked especially when parked. I'm always watching for strangers or ppl that are out of place on corners I stop at or at stop lights. when I go into small gas stations or convenience stores I am constantly looking over my shoulder making sure no one is carrying a gun or has the purpose of robbing the place. with all that being said, I also have my concealed carry permit. I figure I am not paranoid just prepared and cautious. I work 730pm to 730am and very rarely will I lock the door. there have been a few times that I have or thought I should, which in those cases I do. One night I felt someone watching me. when I went to lock the door there were 2 lights coming down the sidewalk right past the door. It was the night patrol officers checking out the strip mall area. 

I usually dont think Im being paranoid until it starts to become uncomfortable.  It seems I just wallow in a paranoid bliss that really doesn't have any negative effects and doesnt cause me anxiety.  For example: I feel that it is appropriate and smart to have enough supplies for all 3 of us to survive a major natural distaster for 2 weeks.  My fiancee thinks 2 weeks is a little overkill because according to him 3 days should be enough... I say a solid 2 weeks. Whatever.  I dont walk at night lol Because I live in the ghetto... I dont think that's being paranoid though... because I live in the ghetto...

I absoluetly hate it when the negative paranoia happens. (Like, the neighbors talk behind my back, strange spirits in my house because paranormal stuff is creepy to me, or the government is watching me)  Even though I can usually tell myself that I'm thinking irrationally, these thoughs usually cause massive amounts of anxiety and I feel like I can't move.. Then fear.. Ugh.. that spiral..

I usually dont think Im being paranoid until it starts to become uncomfortable. It seems I just wallow in a paranoid bliss that really doesn't have any negative effects and doesnt cause me anxiety. For example: I feel that it is appropriate and smart to have enough supplies for all 3 of us to survive a major natural distaster for 2 weeks. My fiancee thinks 2 weeks is a little overkill because according to him 3 days should be enough... I say a solid 2 weeks. Whatever. I dont walk at night lol Because I live in the ghetto... I dont think that's being paranoid though... because I live in the ghetto...

I absoluetly hate it when the negative paranoia happens. (Like, the neighbors talk behind my back, strange spirits in my house because paranormal stuff is creepy to me, or the government is watching me) Even though I can usually tell myself that I'm thinking irrationally, these thoughs usually cause massive amounts of anxiety and I feel like I can't move.. Then fear.. Ugh.. that spiral..

I don't see your first paragraph as paranoid, it is very normal to me. I live in a very poor part of town and walking out at night is definitely not smart. I've even seen gangsters walk around a few blocks over with handguns tucked into their pants, walking around like they own the place. I used to keep a steak knife in the center console of my car and practice slight of hand to grab it without being seen.

Then if you're stuck in a major disaster, it would be nice to have provisions for a few weeks (even if the disaster only lasts a few days). Most likely the local stores would be packed and sold out, along with riots. So being prepared for a couple weeks would help with the aftermath too.

The anxiety from feeling watched, talked about and stuff I am very familiar with. It definitely throws off any ability to be rationally paranoid like you talked about above to where it's hard to judge what 'normal' paranoia should be.

Even digital stuff. Like I only run Linux because its MUCH more difficult to infect with a virus and I'm not tethered to EULA licences. I don't keep anything in 'cloud' services because I don't trust other companies with my data. I see this as legit security practice, but other people see it as bad paranoia.

It's like normal society is blinded by delusions of trust and openness, they don't see the risks and that society actually manipulates them.

Hahah! Fuck Redhat... :D I run linux too! I <3 Tux :)

It seems as long as I keep myself and my mind busy (and positive) my paranoia seems more rational.. If I start isolating I start getting pretty negative.  Damnit... Ugh..  If only I didnt have the mood swings.

Oh well... If there is a natural disater, we will survive most likely, regardless if we choose to bug in or bug out. Haha.

I always wonder if my paranoia is really bad because I usually dont have a lot of auditory hallucinations.  I do, but very rarely.  I seem to just be rediculously paranoid and delusional.  :/ 

Ive been pretty busy for the last week and I havent had the intense paranoia . Thank god.  It sure is nice to not feel that "frozen" feeling.  I tense up a lot when it strikes. Grrrr.... Im going to stop talkinbg about it before I jinx myself :D