CrazyBoards.org

Invega Sustenna or Invega in general

Hello, everyone!

I am considering going on Invega Sustenna (the long-acting invega shot) and am wondering what your experience with Invega is. How did it help your symptoms (mania, depression, psychosis, etc.)? How were the side effects (sedation, weight gain, akathesia, etc.) compared to other meds you have taken? ANY information from people who have taken Invega would be greatly appreciated. Anything you want to add will be helpful! Thank you!

I had an awful reaction to an Invega Sustenna injection that I received in the hospital (I became so weak that I couldn't even take a shower without a nurse's assistence), but Invega has treated me well overall. The main side effects that I've experienced are drowsiness and fatigue. I also had some twitching and constipation when I was on a higher dose. It's alleviated my psychotic symptoms more than any other antipsychotic that I've been on. 

Edited by Hadeharia

Hi I was on Invega 9mg tablet for some time.  Personally I found it to be my best med.  With slight weight gain.  Other side effects were minimal.  It was strong in keeping me a clear symptom free mind.  I even felt happiness on it from time to time.  

It's probably best to try the oral form first to make sure you don't have an adverse event. Sustenna does last a long time and you wouldn't want to be saddled with a negative reaction that hangs on for a month or more. For what it's worth, there is a study currently under way testing a three-month version of Sustenna.