CrazyBoards.org

I started Fanapt a couple of days ago and I notice I don't pace as much. I also had a good night's sleep last night for the first time in over a week. It's not so much that it makes me tired but it seems to relax me. Has anyone else experienced this or is it all in my head? I'd love it if it keeps making me feel this way.

My vision was blurry for a few hours today after I took it but, hell, I can deal with that. I just won't drive first thing in the morning.

Fanapt or Iloperidone is an atypical antipsychotic so it would definitely help you with relaxing. The feeling you get generally lasts but of course it slowly lessen as you become used to the medication. When I was on a low dose of Geodon I instantly noticed I felt calmer and overall more relaxed. 

I don't necessarily believe that the medication will lessen when you become "used" to the medication. It is certainly not true for all people taking AAP's. I take seroquel and have now for pushing 2 years. It still helps my anxiety and it still puts me to sleep, amongst other things. Now I'm not saying I have no problems at all, but just saying that seroquel still helps me feel I guess more relaxed like you were saying.

I hope the fanapt is the med that you will finally be able to stick with because it helps you a lot. I know you have tried a lot of different meds over a period of time. Good luck and keep us posted!

I believe when the part you really are supposed to take fanapt for is flaring up you have more triggers for anxiety. Hell, I have some anxiety when I am psychotic, because my senses are so sharp and I can get excited all the while being paranoid and thus afraid of things, but ofcourse this is not enough to diagnose me with an anxiety disorder.

Why are you having anxiety if you havent been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder?