CrazyBoards.org

**** taps mike ****

Uh, hi. I'm Michele, and I'm, well, insane. I'm bipolar II and have been for quite a while. After about 10 years of seeming almost normal on the outside while being totally nuts on the inside (seeing shadows move on their own, having suicidal ideation on a near daily basis for years at a time, being really paranoid, becoming super hypomanic, skipping through the occasional psychotic episode and generally having a non-stop carnival running inside my head), I finally got properly medicated last year. What a relief.  It's taken close to 8 months for my brain chemistry to become reasonably stable. I'm actually holding down a job now (how, I don't know, since I occasionally have mild hypomanic and mixed episodes at work) and I'm finally able to deal with the cause of my PTSD, which I now realize comes from childhood and started me on the road to insanity. I'm actually beginning to talk with people again (you know, give and take, as opposed to ranting insanely about what ever is irritating me at the moment) and tentatively reach out for friendship (Scary. Very scary.). I'm in my early 50s, live on the East Coast, and have lately become obsessed with my iPad, which in it's own way is keeping me stable right now. Oh, and I work mostly at night, which means my sleep schedule is a total disaster and I have no set schedule, which is not a good thing for we bipolar types. I promise to try not to be to crazy here. Thanks for listening.

You seem very cool. Usually psychosis upgrades you to Bipolar 1 (although you can never have experienced psychosis and still be Bipolar 1), but good for you for getting treated. When you find the right medications for you, you see life in a different clarity. The difference my ADHD medication has made in my life is absolutely astounding, and I also take Invega off-label for Bipolar Disorder and it has made me a lot more calm (although the fact that it is an injectable gets to me). Good luck and also WELCOME! The chat is also very helpful if you are having issues that need to be addressed at the moment. And by the way you are pretty funny! 

Edited by Forbidden91

Welcome to Crazyboards.  I ask all new members to read the User Agreement (also known as The Rules), so check it out when you get a chance.

I'm glad you are feeling somewhat more stable, and I hope you can get your sleep pattern straightened out.  I've learned over the years that a lot of our people have more difficulty in their lives if they don't get regular sleep, and enough sleep.  If you want help with this, go to the bipolar forum and ask the other members how they get regular sleep.  We have a really helpful bunch of members here and I know they will give you some suggestions.

I'm glad you found us and I hope you like hanging out with us.

olga

I like your introduction.   "taps mike".... funny!      Welcome to CrazyBoards (CB).   It's a supportive community and I can say I've learned a whole ton of helpful stuff.   I hope you enjoy it, and take advantage of the different parts:    the forums, blogs and chat are the big three.  Most people find at least one of those that fits their needs and their style. 

What I like about this site so far is that it has a sense of humor. So many sites having to do with mental illness are so earnest, or most of the people are just so lacking in hope (which I get. I've been there). But I'm working hard at keeping my hopes up, and getting a little bit better every day, and even when depressed I try to have a good sense of humor.