CrazyBoards.org

Sinclair Method to Eating Disorders

I'm a person who has used Naltrexone as per the Sinclair Method (1 x 50mg 1 hour before drinking alcohol) to beat my destructive drinking and save my life. Now I no longer drink alcoholically the old binge, comfort eating and bulimia has come to the fore. I've always had a tendency to over eat but I can be so controlled at other times. I'm also an athlete but do have a proper nutrition plan which I do stick to however when I let loose I really let loose. This is affecting my confidence, my work and my sport. I am really fed up and want to change.

Since I already have a Naltrexone prescription and support from my GP (I'm UK based) I'd like to explore using it to help with these issues. I've also had approximately 60 hours of therapy with a PCC/TA private counsellor, which I'm currently doing as part of a group although I've booked myself a 1-2-1 this week so I can bring this issue to the fore instead of thinking I can deal with it and it'll go away.

If anyone can help me with how to use Naltrexone as part of this I'd appreciate it.

I'm not on any other meds although I was prescribed Prozac about 15 years ago.

If anyone would like to know what the Sinclair Method is here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Method it works on directly breaking the link between alcohol and endorphins, for me this means I no longer have any cravings for alcohol whether I take Naltrexone or not. I only have to take the Naltrexone when I drink in order to maintain this, and I drink like a 'normal' person - ie can get drunk if I want, or decide one glass is enough. Alcohol just doesn't bother me on the days I don't drink or take the med.

Edited by ukbklonde