CrazyBoards.org

Hey guys, this is one of my first posts and in need of some advice.

I've been diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder (I don't see things or hear things however) but I'm suffering from terrible psychosis.

Over the past year I've tried just about every medication with little to no success. Geodon seemed to for 2 weeks for and then it stopped and had a return of all my symptoms. And I've noticed since I started on Geodon I can't tolerate sugar or gluten anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyone have success on risperdal over geodon?

I'm thinking about retrying risperdal since I only took .5mg for a few days. I'm really not concerned with the weight gain to be honest ill deal with it.

On top of that geodon makes me really sedated

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to move this to the Antipsychotics forum, you'll probably get more answers.

I've never used Geodon and Risperdal together, so sorry I can't be of more help. Geodon helped a bit, but I had terrible insomnia even on max dose (200mg) no matter how I dosed it. 

I had some extrapyramidal symptoms when taking both. Theoretically hypeprolactinemia wouldnt be suprising when taking both as well. Or either somnolence or insomnia. But basically they suit together pretty well.

I do think they are somewhat similar meds in terms of how they affected me, the bigger differences are that risperidone blocks its target receptors much stronger, so if geodon worked for you somewhat I think risperidone might work, but that is just my opinion.

Edited by konings