CrazyBoards.org

I've been feeling much much MUCH better. Problem is I've only been on this meds combo for almost 2 weeks. We're supposed to go on a rafting trip on July 14th. It's a 4 day trip so it's not very long but we'll be 100% out of contact until we're back at the hotel. It's probably a silly thing to worry about but I'm a little worried that something will happen because if it does I'm stuck. The guides have radios in case of an emergency but I don't think a manic psychotic break down is the type of emergency they have in mind. Has anyone done a vacation like this before? I've been on a few similar trips in the past but I hadn't been diagnosed yet. Honestly I think it will be fine. By the time we leave I'll have been on my new meds for 3 weeks but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. We've had this trip planned for months now. Do you think we should cancel?

I think you'll be fine, if you've been feeling better and you'll have been on your meds for 3 weeks by the time you leave I wouldn't worry too much about it. You really shouldn't cancel, then you're letting the illness control your life and that's not what anybody wants. 

Like you said, if worse comes to worse then they have radios in case of emergency. I don't think it will come to that but at least the option is there.