CrazyBoards.org

When I take my full dosage of latuda of 120mg (which I haven't been doing consistently) I get terrible terrible terrible akithasia. At 60 (which is what i've been taking instead) I don't get any noticeable restlessness but it doesn't treat my symptoms very well.

Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to continue getting the awesome parts of 120 but still avoid the restlessness?

P.S. I take it at night with my trazodone.

benzodiazepines and/or Propranolol, that's what i get prescribed for restlessness. in your case probably higher than your current doses of those drugs. i don't think the symptom responds at all to non-pharmacological solutions (like exercise) but i might be wrong.

Edited by NullChamber

I had to take Benadryl and propranolol for the akathisia when on Latuda.  Talk to your pdoc about treatment options so you can find some relief.  Having constant akathisia is such an uncomfortable way to live. 

I don't know about you but any time i increase my latuta i get terrible restless legs at night but it always goes away in a couple of weeks. Obviously i am not on as high of a dose as you are but maybe if you can get something to control it now it will settle down soon and you can still get the benefit of the higher dose.

The only advice i can bring to the table is heating pad on legs in bed at night, elevate them on a pillow, and a hot bath before bed. I hope you can find something, its just miserable the side effects but the med works so well.