Jump to content

How to find a good tdoc, who sees people with a psychotic disorder?

Recommended Posts

I am switching tdocs, for several reasons.


I am trying to find a psychologist who will see me, since I have SZA. I am looking at all of their descriptions online, but they all say they treat things like anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. I have yet to find one who says anything about psychotic disorders. How do I find one? Should I ask my pdoc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely ask your pdoc. Also check the clinics associated with medical schools in your area. They are more likely to be experienced treating people with serious MI (as opposed to "normal" people with relationship issues, etc.). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^ that. My tdoc is good but doesn't specialize in bipolar or psychotic disorders. She reports symptoms to my pdoc but doesn't do much with delusions, etc. She is good otherwise though so I still keep her :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...