CrazyBoards.org

That's.......interesting.....

Just a little tip, we are pro-medication here at CB. Without my meds, I end up in the hospital. 

I don't believe in this Shaman perspective. 

I _think_ that you need to be very careful in selecting urls to quote as authority. Especially when you quote wholesale and without (from what I see) prior authorization.

I am a great fan of Joseph Campbell, yet recognize that he did not always get the myths or the mythologies "right".

I am willing to wager that your post will garner many more negative than positive responses. Thus, I must ask: Have you spent any time reading the various forums and how folks respond therein?

What, exactly, was your purpose in quoting another site in such a wholesale manner, and without prior authorization?

I have deleted the body of the article and left the link.  It is against copyright laws to reproduce whole articles and we do not want to have trouble here at CB with authors and publishers.  In future, please post an excerpt and a link to the rest of the article.

olga

I _think_ that you need to be very careful in selecting urls to quote as authority. Especially when you quote wholesale and without (from what I see) prior authorization.

I am a great fan of Joseph Campbell, yet recognize that he did not always get the myths or the mythologies "right".

I am willing to wager that your post will garner many more negative than positive responses. Thus, I must ask: Have you spent any time reading the various forums and how folks respond therein?

What, exactly, was your purpose in quoting another site in such a wholesale manner, and without prior authorization?

I just thought it was a relevant topic, I too am a sufferer of mental illness, I just thought people would appreciate it, I know it was interesting for me to read.

I don't recall each point of what you wrote, obviously since its been deleted, but I did see it pop up on email notifications awhile back and am trying to remember. In light if title though I can well imagine. And I just want to tell you that I can appreciate thinking this and feeling this and yearning for it to be true more than anything. There's more than a little of me that's entertained and promoted and just clung for dear "life" onto the notion that there must be something that makes it ok. There must be some net something that gives solace for how much for how hard it is. And I'm not the only one. You're not alone--I've known another who also believed/tried to believe and we perhaps quite desperately at times needed to believe to have something that made us unvanquished in a world that we couldn't fit. And I can see that's prolly at least, in part, why I have sought it out myself and why knowing we weren't alone meant everything to just find another who would hear. But that there might be some "reason" or reality of what we see and hear and feel... For me maybe Making the pain meaningful, makes losing him doable because if there isn't something and if none of it's real then we are, were, and were always just these hopelessly lost and lonely two people and even if there's some beauty in finding each other amidst that...all and everything is a sad punch line. But if we do truly know or access something and then it's something that's something more than nothing and maybe it's enough to press on. I can make some amount of peace with all the things I've done and been and if there is a reason and it focuses through me, then maybe I'm not a terrible blight and maybe all I've done and been hasn't been for naught. And maybe he lives still, through me, and all he was and did still matters and always did. Maybe I matter.

Or maybe we're just really sick people who found each other in the dusk. I don't know. But it's hard not to cling to something that at least makes sense with my experience and makes being itself not quite so cruel.

I get that this is a "pro medication site" and I see why. I also know how many years I've spent being non compliant, know that I will most likely be again as I am prone to that particular "failure" and know why... and I don't know anyone *personally* who's diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia who hasn't been the same. Most of us lose that battle so I can understand why people are so opposed to giving audience, but I also see that the lines don't seem nearly so clearly demarcated when you're on the other side--be it now or once or newly.

Nonetheless, stopping or wanting to silence the conversation doesn't seem to me to be conducive to support or help for those of us in that battle. Anosognosia is often a very real part of our illness and I disagree with the move to reinforce a hierarchy of who has done what and internalized this versus that mythology--a term I've had several professionals use to describe the complex connections and systematization that I know I'm not alone in creating...and I'd rather at least let someone be heard than dismiss what I've not given pause to at least hear...because it's important for to that person for that person to say it and be heard, if nothing else. Being unwilling to do that just adds another notch in the category of people who don't understand, don't want to try understand, and are unwilling to listen.

I spose I can appreciate that stance as well though. I tire of listening to me, too. I just hope I don't turn my back on my own one day though. It feels like that for me and I don't want to further isolate anyone. Most of the time I don't care as much about my own isolation but sometimes it really just gets me and gets *to* me and feels so hopeless and I don't even know why I'm trying to explain because its either taken as absurd or stupid or ignorant or "mad" and when I'm psychotic that infuriates me because it feels condescending. When I'm not it just makes me feel hopelessly detached.

So anyway, person who started this thread, I hear you. And I hope you cling to whatever helps you get through the day, be it the consideration that there maybe is something...and hope that if the shit hits the fan for you and medication helps, that you can access it. I wish you well and that you never lose hope, in whatever form works for you. x