CrazyBoards.org

Luvox has it worked for you?

Luvox works great here. It's the only med that I've ever taken that has allowed me to stop the counting. I hope it works as well for you.

Luvox helped me quite a bit, but I was taking a high dose (200-300mg/day) of it, so I switched to a lower dose of Cipralex due to mania.

It worked very quickly and is one of the best drugs I've been on for obsessive thoughts. Total positive experience. It actually helped me down my dose of Xanax to 1mg, and then gradually to PRN only.

Yay! I really hope it works. It was like magic for me. For me, most of my OCD was in my head and no one would know just by looking at me. My kid takes it as well, and has for years. The change it made in him was amazing. That poor kid washed his hands 50 times a day, at least. He had other behavior along those lines that was very evident. Luvox stopped all that cold for him.  

I hope it works as well for you as it does for us. Oh, they also make a Luvox CR formulation. It is brand only so it's more expensive that the generic but if you find you get uneven coverage with regular Luvox, you might want to try Luvox CR. Personally, we use the generic with no problems at all.

I tried it in 1993 before it was on the market in the U.S. ( I ordered it from Greece ) . It was a little inconsistient in the way it worked for me...at times I felt higher than a kite and had to go to a bar and almost drink the well dry to calm down...at other times I felt very depressed and agitated. Also it increases serotonin in the gut and can do some very unpleasant things to your panties....