CrazyBoards.org

Am I the only person that clozaril doesn't work for?

The psych community raves about clozaril how its the gold standard antipsychotic. Everyone I know who is clozaril turns out to be a whole different person... in a good way.

I have been on clozaril at least 3 times and was an absolute wreck each time. I found it no different to the rest of the antipsychotics. The voices and paranoia were actually worse...

Strange aye?

Am I the only person that clozaril does NOT work for??

Edited by heavendj4

Have you tried any of the older antipsychotics? For me, they have a lot fewer side effects than the newer AAPs. If the others aren't working, I be sure to give the older ones a try. Some doctors are reluctant to use the older antipsychotics but that's usually because they know more about the AAPs. 

I just started clozaril after taking 30 mg Zyprexa for a while.  For me clozaril works well, and I can be stable on lower doses of clozaril than zyprexa.  

From what I've learned after years on meds, each medicine works different from person to person.  Clozaril may just not be the right medicine for you.

I rather think that if you were worse off on clozaril youd be better off on a typical, since those and clozaril are polar opposites in some ways.

Im on seroquel xr at the moment. Its the best med ive been on.

The typicals caused way too much akathisia despite cogentin and propranolol.

The point of my post was to say: "Clozaril is bragged about as the " best " and turned out to be an absolute lemon for me. Any others experience this?"

Edited by heavendj4

The point of my post was to say: "Clozaril is bragged about as the " best " and turned out to be an absolute lemon for me. Any others experience this?"

Yeah, like I posted above, it turned out to really suck for me.  Apart from not helping the psychotic stuff, it had terrible side effects on me that (some) never went away.  All it did was bad stuff to me.

• 2 weeks later...