CrazyBoards.org

The last few days I've had this really strange sensation in my hands, i don't even know how to describe it, dizziness in my fingers maybe, or like my blood is rushing somehow. It's really weird and uncomfortable.

Anyone else had something similar? Could it be from the haldol I started taking recently? The only other change that's happened is that i came off paxil abruptly, so I guess it could be that instead.

I don't know for sure, but I am also on Haldol and have never experienced what you are describing. However, when I went off of Effexor, an SSNRI antidepressant, I had tingling sensations too. I am not an expert, but I personally suspect it is the Paxil withdrawal and will subside with time. =)

Oh that's interesting. I've read about people having "brain zaps" coming off SSRI's so maybe this is related? I'm now getting the feelings through my whole body. Because now I think about it when I've had haldol as prn in hospital I never had anything like this, so probably it is the paxil. I was warned it could be difficult to come off, but there wasn't time to reduce it gradually since my mood was escalating.