CrazyBoards.org

You would think word would get out?

Yeah im jealous I admit it but I have always wondered, I live in such a small town and I know of this guy who is the biggest playa/womanizer who is also an abuser. He literally goes out to nightclubs ect. every weekend. He takes home a girl and has his way with her. After a week or a month she finds out that he's a sleaze and ditches him OR he gets bored and finds another girl. Then the cycle continues.

People talk and all these girls that he has hurt and yet its kept such a secret. You would think that word would get out *eventually* that "John Smith" is a perverted sleaze?

When I mean small town I mean if you drive more than 40 minutes in any direction you would be " out " this town.

Edited by heavendj4

I have known some horrible people who treated their significant others with no respect, cheated, abused, etc They always managed to find another someone to date. It sucks, but it is what it is.

PEOPLE TALK. Small town? Do these guys have a special ability to clear people's memories?

Edited by heavendj4

Some people are great manipulators, and get people to believe what they want them to.

Thank you. I imagine HE could say "SHE cheated on me" "SHE used me" "SHE ditched me". When infact it was the other way around...

Yep.  I have heard a lot of tall tales.  Pretty much word for word what you said above. There are jerks who turn it all around to try to convince people they are the victim, when in fact, they are the perpetrator.  I have fallen for the bullshit, and later learned the truth. 

Some women do like having short term flings.

I posit that the real issue is your own obsessiveness over others who "get more" than you do. This is far from the first time you've spoken of similar, and also not the first time it's been beneath a veil of concern for the people being supposedly hurt by these PUAs. Have you been addressing this fixation in therapy? Working through it? I hope so. Or attempting to at least work on redirecting yourself. In either case, slipups are understandable, but I really don't think that yet another thread about your obsession is going to be helpful at all.

I don't understand what the big deal is. It seems to me that this is more along the lines of "what business is it of yours?" You know, not everyone does what we'd like them to do. That's life. Maybe you need a hobby so that you can spend your time on things that are more constructive.