CrazyBoards.org

Wonderful news. Thanks so much for the news and the link!

Latuda is the only antipsychotic that I've ever taken that was activating. So, finding that it's approved for BP depression makes sense to me. It certainly wasn't good for knocking out the mania but I'd probably try it again when I find myself headed towards depression.

You have a very strict pdoc with not prescribing off label.  Mine is notorious for off label which is great for me.  I know only one person on Latuda and he is taking it for MDD and says it helps him more than any SSI, SNRI or just anything.  Good news for all.

My insurance company paid for it with no pre-auth or anything, but I will be going on Medicaid next year due to health reform (mixed feelings about that, but free coverage is free coverage), and I had heard they won't approve it unless it's for an FDA-indicated condition. So I am doubly, triply glad that this approval came through earlier than expected. 

I have been taking this off-label via my pdoc's sample closet for awhile, and when FDA approved it for bipolar,  I was the first patient added to Blue Cross approval in my state. :) I had my first batch on-label with my regular $12 co-pay this very week.

I have taken everything for my Bipolar 2 except for ECT, and I had been considering that. I don't really rave about any of my meds, though I am grateful when they do help me. But I have to rave about this one.

(for me at least): Best. Bipolar. Med. EVER.

I know everyone is different, but if you are considering this med, I want to raise my hand as one person who is, so far, having a fantastic experience with it. Big Pharma is trying to hit the market hard with this one right now, so pdocs have their sample closets pretty well stocked with this one. Just sayin, it might be an easy try-out with you. I saw results -- significant ones -- within the first week, and steady improvements after that over a month or so.

Edited by goldfish