CrazyBoards.org

Me, Elvis F. My eyes are open.

This is the first time, in a very long time, i've been writing about myself. Actually can't remember the last time, except from being into punk rock and politics, and that seems like a few lifetimes ago.

My name, is Elvis Ferdinand, or, my pseudonym is, anyways. I'm a 20 year old man, I'm diagnosed with Scizoaffective Disorder (Bipolar type) and Aspergers Syndrome (Highly functional). I've only had a few symptoms on Schizoaffective Disorder for the last year, and i'm feeling quite good. Not all good, but quite. As long as theres people around, the voices don't seem to get to me, and I don't see too many demons in the mirror any more.

I'm here, because i want to talk about what i have experienced, both with psychosis, depression, mania and medication, with others who have experienced some of the same, or something completly different. I'm here, to try to understand a bit more. Especially about medication, and it's side effects.

I don't care much for sports, cars, politics or news, Instead, I like music, walking, litterature, and philosophy. I supose one could like both, but not me.

I live in Oslo, Norway, and i need to get out.

I have a beautiful girlfriend, who has also got Scizoaffective Disorder, and actually understands me.

I love music, and i've been the bass player for a kind of good band for the last five years. We play ravy, psychedelic rock, and I play a five string Fender Jazz Bass. I like listening to mostly everything, but my favorites are Miles Davis, David Bowie, Happy Mondays, The Cure and The Flaming Lips. Right now i'm hooked on Acid Jazz. Especialy Praful.

I love reading. My favorites are Ken Kesey, Jack Kerruack, and Charles Bukowski. These days, i'm reading Naked Lunch.

I also love writing, and i'm working on my first novel, after a few years of only writing poetry and articles.

I love the summer, but I long for the sun to go down, so i can stay up all night and watch it go back up again, and then go home to bed, passing people on their way to work.

I love a good conversation, but i don't like too many people

I love getting high, but I hate feeling sedated. Alcohol ain't my thing unless i'm already deep, deep down.

I love losing control, letting go, and float far, far away. I supose that's my problem, but it's so sad and beautiful in the same time, That i can't live without it.

That's about as much about myself as I can think of right now. I'm not trying to give anybody a good, nor a bad first impression. I'm just babbling on, trying not to think too much.

Hello and Welcome to Crazyboards!

I think you will find that this is a supportive community with a lot of information to offer as well.

We ask all our new members to read the User Agreement to ensure that we're all on the same page.

I'm so glad that you have a girlfriend to share your life with--that does make it a little easier to bear.