CrazyBoards.org

How do I get my non-custodial moms forum listed?

MellowYellow, I lost custody of my two children to Social Services after a breakdown and hospitalization last summer.

Despite having raised them for over 10 yrs to be healthy, smart and polite and never having abused them or anything, I was denied access to them for over a month and then received only two hours a week supervised access for months, until last week. It will be a long time to figth to have them back because courts are slow and the system very discriminative towards MI.

I haven't found anyone else here in my situation and felt so alone...thanks for the website pointer, and if you (or anyone) know of any other resources please shout my way.

Thanks again

MellowYellow, I lost custody of my two children to Social Services after a breakdown and hospitalization last summer.

Despite having raised them for over 10 yrs to be healthy, smart and polite and never having abused them or anything, I was denied access to them for over a month and then received only two hours a week supervised access for months, until last week. It will be a long time to figth to have them back because courts are slow and the system very discriminative towards MI.

I haven't found anyone else here in my situation and felt so alone...thanks for the website pointer, and if you (or anyone) know of any other resources please shout my way.

Thanks again

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was 20, I had a complete meltdown freesoul, PTSD, bipolar and epileptic meltdown...and my children were with me during this time. My children had to stay with my family, and I had to do EVERYTHING to get well...and provide proof...it took a while for my family to realise that I was OK, even thought I was visiting the kids all the time, and then I moved in with them after a short while. If I were you, I would show up to every meeting, every court date, take all your meds on time, make all your doc. appts. and get proof of that...so that you can show the courts...they want to know that you are able to take care of yourself and the kids...

I didn't know we could talk here about this.

Both Denice and I on the forum have bipolar. I have been through 16 years of custody battles. My daughter is now a legal adult but I still haven't forgotten what I went through, so I've had this site for many years. Hope you'll pop in and say hi, even if you are an ex-non custodial mom.

Thanks for the link to your site.  I am the mother of an 11 year old girl who I haven't seen in almost three years.  While I do have "joint" custody, I made the decision to leave her with her Dad in Alaska after I got sober when she was 4.  I was still unmedicated at the time, and thought I was doing the right thing, was consumed with guilt, thinking that there was no way she would ever love me again because of my mistakes, and I couldn't face her dad and his new wife.

I bailed, and have spent the last 6 years paying the consequences.  3 years ago she stopped talking to me, corresponding with me in any way, and allowing me to visit, or visiting me on their yearly trips to his family here where I live. 

I got on meds right about the time she stopped talking to me, and have been stable ever since.  I never stopped sending cards, letters, gifts, little things so she would know I love her and miss her daily.  Oh god, I miss her so much.

She sent me a letter a few weeks ago.  The first in 3 years.  Wanting answers to some tough questions.  Why did I leave?  Did I "really" miss her?  It took me days to write, and the assistance of my pdoc, tdoc, and AA sponsor.

It was the most honest, loving thing I've ever done.  I love her, and I hope the letter helps her get some closure, I know it helped me.  We'll see where things go from here.

Archived