CrazyBoards.org

Here to introduce myself

Hello, my name is Charles.

I've been browsing these forums and decided that I should make an account of my own to post, keep up with stuff, and get advice.
Current medications, diagnosis, etc. is in the signature.
I use Tumblr daily, and is updated more often than anything else.

A little about myself..
I was born and raised in NW, Florida.
I'm 17, and currently on probation for DUI.
Girls tend to run how my mood goes, and loss in general is a big theme in my life.
As of now, I'm doing somewhat stable. I've been harm free for 69 days c:

I appreciate you reading through this and allowing me to be here, you guys. If you would like to know more please click here. I am completely open and like to talk about everything, so if there's something anyone needs or wants to know.. don't hesitate to message me in some way.

Hello Charles. I'm Mileena! Yes my real name is finally out there people lol. Named after a Mortal Kombat character (Yes my birth dad-I'm adopted-is a video game lover lol). My diagnosis' are also in my signature. It's nice to meet you! I hope you like it here! :) 

Do you have a counselor or therapist or social worker?   Have you tried not letting girls run your mood?  Thanks for your introduction.  BPD is only a label and you are you not a diagnoses. You state you want to get advise. My advise is to not focus on your diagnoses as it's a label.  Focus on you and work with a counselor or therapist or social worker.  Work hard and learn new ways and practice them.  Draw your identity and moods from you not girls.  I wish you well.  Welcome!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, I appreciate it!

@Brian803 - I see a therapist on a regular basis. Right now it's every other Monday morning, due to money issues, but it's usually every Monday. I try not to make it a "label" , but I try and use it more as something that I understand.. something tangible, if you will. I feel a lot better if I know what's going on, and I'm always hypothesising what's making things go wrong in my life.

My therapist, whom I've been seeing for more than two years now, DX'd me with Borderline. I met nearly all of the DSM-4 criteria. But I'm not 18 so technically I can't be DX'd with it and there is no "right" way of "treating" it since it is such a tricky area. 

Items in bold are criteria I meet:

BPD is manifested by a pervasive pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, and affects, and marked impulsivity beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in (5).
  2. A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation. This is called "splitting."
  3. Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
  4. Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating). Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in (5).
  5. Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior. 
  6. Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days). 
  7. Chronic feelings of emptiness. 
  8. Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights). 
  9. Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms.

Out of the 9 items, 9 are bold. Lol. As far as the controlling of anger, I don't have outbursts and fights.. but I internalize most of it and beat myself up about it. Lately I've become more assertive though and have been able to somewhat explain my feelings to someone that I'm angry at.