CrazyBoards.org

Just got prescribed Abilify (apparently to help with auditory/visual hallucinations...they are pretty mild seeing as I thought it happened to everyone until my therapist was like ummmm...no. But definitely there.) Any experiences with it? I'm on Lithium and Klonopin too so I'm a little nervous about the combo seeing as I just started back on meds, but it was this or the hospital so...

I take Abilify at 30 mg and it's a godsend for me. It took until 30 mg for my psychosis to go away completely though, but my psychosis is pretty stubborn. It took away my depression in 3 days. I have no side effects other than being sleepy in the mornings. I love Abilify. :)

I too love my Abilify. I have no side effects and it worked quickly. It took 20mg to get rid of my psychosis.

I don't know what else to say about it, everyone reacts differently to medication so just because me and para have had good experiences doesn't necesarily mean you will. Just make sure you follow your doctor's orders and if you have any questions make sure you ask them.

I'm on a trial run of it now, 2 days in, 2mg a day as a depression add-on.  So far so good.  I started Zoloft along with it so it's hard to know what to attribute to either, but I had some mild muscle twitchiness, waking dreams this morning which was kind of jarring but mild ("Oh, I haven't actually been talking to so and so on Facebook, I've been lying here"), and I had some trouble waking up and some head fuzziness.  Also I had a dream that my car was stolen and I found Alec Baldwin doing lines of coke in it.  But that's neither here nor there.