CrazyBoards.org

Just realized yesterday I'm depressive... bad. Help?

Yesterday was hard for me... and today is no better. I was going to cut myself but then I talked myself into getting drunk instead to get rid of the pain. so I had drunken half a frozen cocktail and was going to drink some of my dads beers but stopped myself and waited a few hours to call my mom. I'm in so much pain right now. It hurts. Nothing that used to is bringing me joy. I want to cry. What do I do. I started taking my meds again 2 days ago. But I'm still hurting. I was even depressed before I forgot to take my meds for 3 days. Idk what to do. I can't take this. I haven't felt this bad in a while. I don't want to go back to this. Help me? What do I do? Any ideas? 

I have been depressed lately a lot too.  Met with my Pdoc yesterday and we discovered the fact that we were trying to cut back on seroquel, so we added it back to 200mg a day.  I would recommend talking to your pdoc to see if you may need a meds adjustment.  Do you have any hobbies or anything you can do to take your mind off of it?  I try to watch tv shows or movies that make me smile/laugh to get my mind off of being depressed.

I'm sorry you're feeling so lost and not well.  I think that continuing to take your meds is a good idea.  Stopping and restarting meds has never worked out for me, I hit a bottom worse than where I started.  Maybe get an appointment with your pdoc soon and discuss that you are feeling this way.  I really feel for you and wish you well.