CrazyBoards.org

I just wrote this for my "Who am I?" page...figured I'd put it here as a way of introducing myself...found y'all yesterday and was very thankful I did.

Hello!

I am a 49 (as of this writing) y/o female, an RN by trade, currently unemployed x going on 10 years as a direct result of Major Depression/GAD and a host of bad luck. I had a complete breakdown in 2004 after a few years of traumatic events (divorce '97, VERY unfair job loss '97 -- (LONG story), dated a fellow who stole around 10K from me and when he found out I was going to the cops, committed suicide at my house '99, had to declare bankruptcy as a result, even though I had had perfect credit up until that point '99...father unexpectedly died with my three kids in the backseat '00...remarried '01, new husband suddenly sent to Iraq on a week's notice, for over a year --National Guard--'03...miscarried what would have been our only kid together a few months after he left, '03...and probably some other stuff in there I don't care to remember ...) 

Long story short, and looking back, I have always been a "cycler", with some awful lows (I attempted suicide when I was 17, my family swept it under the rug even though they were told I needed help), and lots of hypomanic episodes -- which I was able to handle, somehow. I have never had a true manic episode, although I think I've gotten close. My daughter, now 19, is just now starting to struggle with the cycling, it is heartbreaking...but that is another story. At any rate, I started having problems functioning in 1997..BAD brain fog was my first symptom of a real major depressive episode. I started with Prozac way back when, and have traveled through a host of meds since...in 2004 I started drinking to self-medicate, in utter frustration...hence, a couple DUIs and a whole host of legal problems, all cleared up now...my self esteem has been in the gutter and I have no family that gives a rat's ass...like they were ever helpful, though, so I'm okay with that...but it took me some years...

I more or less  have been brain dead for about 9 years...I totally lost my will to engage in society, ALL my creativity died (I'm a pretty decent artist)...yada yada...just in the past year have I managed to start refinding myself...there is NO WAY even a few years ago I could be writing all this...

That's all for the moment, there is a lot more...I hope to get to know some folks in here and also maybe get my daughter connected...we shall see...

Hello and Welcome to Crazyboards!

It sounds like you have been through some incredibly awful ordeals.  I'm sorry for your losses.

I truly hope that you find what you need here; it is a very supportive community.

We do ask that all members read the User Agreement just so you know how things run here.

Wishing you peace.