CrazyBoards.org

how long do meds take to get into your system

Are you aware that a side effect of Luvox can be insomnia??

And Geodon is not known to be particularly sedating either.

I think you should talk with your doctor.  And something for sleep - like Ambien can take effect

in fifteen to twenty minutes.

From the pi sheet for geodon

Absorption: Ziprasidone is well absorbed after oral administration, reaching peak plasma concentrations in 6 to 8 hours. The absolute bioavailability of a 20 mg dose under fed conditions is approximately 60%. The absorption of ziprasidone is increased up to two-fold in the presence of food.

From the pi sheet for Luvox

Absorption: The absolute bioavailability of fluvoxamine maleate (fluvoxamine maleate) is 53%. Oral bioavailability is not significantly affected by food.

In a dose proportionality study involving fluvoxamine maleate (fluvoxamine maleate) at 100,200 and 300 mg/day for 10 consecutive days in 30 normal volunteers, steady state was achieved after about a week of dosing. Maximum plasma concentrations at steady state occurred within 3-8 hours of dosing and reached concentrations averaging 88,283 and 546 ng/mL, respectively. Thus, fluvoxamine had nonlinear pharmacokinetics over this dose range, i.e., higher doses of fluvoxamine maleate (fluvoxamine maleate) produced disproportionately higher concentrations than predicted from the lower dose.

You can go to a place like rxlist.com and look up the pi sheet of any medication. Things like you are asking can be found under the clinical pharmacology section of the pi sheet.

The meds you are on don't work that way for the most part.  You take them every day at the same time and they take a while to come to effect and then you feel the same all the time no matter when you take them.

Geodon is known as being pretty sedating at first since it's a fairly strong H2 blocker.   I have no idea what BPLB is talking about.

Yeah, but isn't there steady state and then the time it takes to begin actually doing the job. SSRIs reach steady state within a few days, about a week max, but they still take several weeks to begin to have an AD effect. And when I took Seroquel, it started to work within a week or two at the most ie APs work quicker than SSRIs.